translation and consular affairs agency

Hi there
my wife needs her junior high school certificate from Taiwan (30 years ago), but we live in Italy.
We have a very old certificate (she lost the original diploma) written in English, with a notary public stamp, and we thought that we could authenticate it in Taiwan representative office in Rome, but we were wrong.
We have been told that this must necessarily be done in Taiwan. We cannot come in a hurry for such a thing, so I was wondering if anyone in the forum know if there is any agency that takes care of this.
So, provided that we contact the school and ask for a new certificate, is there any paid service so that we can get the certificate valid for Italy, eventually translated, shipped to here?
I do not how to search for this kind of service exactly, nor in English neither in Chinese (my wife left the country so many years ago, she has no clue).
Luckily, we know for sure that the school still exists.
Thank you

I’m guessing there are zero relatives of your wife still in Taiwan (if there are, use them, even if not been in contact for a long time; one way to start the relationship again).

Else, when you contact the school, see if the school can provide an ENGLISH version (sometimes school nowadays have them, as I know the public hospital where our 2 children were born provided BOTH english and chinese birth certificate, and multiple copies for free. that was 8 years ago, too).
If they don’t provide ENGLISH, then you can kindly ask if they know of a service around the school that could help out.

The other thing is to post HERE what school it is and the address, city, etc.
You can then ask someone here (near that city, school) to help you out and then pay by paypal or whatnot (or they may do it for free if they are kind enough).

Good luck. Seems like a like a lot of hoops you’ll be jumping through perhaps.

Thank you for your reply.
We do have relatives, but I am not sure they can take care of all the process, we can eventually end up into a mixture of agency and relatives because some of them are very busy, other are too old.

The school can indeed provide an English certificate, but that’s not the point. In any case the certificate needs to be legalized by the Italian representative office in Taipei (and I am not sure if the translation to Italian has to come before or after that), and I think that having an agency would help a lot.

I keep searching on google but it is frustrating. I always get results about legalization of foreign documents that need to be used in Taiwan, not the opposite.

What we had to do when translating documents (into English from Chinese), was to just hire a translating firm (in this case, you can probably google that), have them stamp their company chop in Chinese and Italian and who did the translation, and THEN take that translated piece (with the English school certificate) to the local district administration office where the government will then “notarize” it with its own government stamp (likely in english and chinese) and then take that to the Italian trade office to see them stamp their own stamp on the document.

Like I said lots of hoops and hard to know of a service that can do all this for you from afar (thus, utilizing relatives can help in the process, as they have a vested interest in making sure all is done right).

I would assume the first step is legalization (to confirm the document was issued by a school licensed by the relevant authorities), and translation (plus certification of the translation) comes later, but I may be wrong.

These guys should know: http://www.italy.org.tw/