Translation of Background Check for APRC

Hey All, I know this is a topic that the forum has discussed a ton, but from what I can see there are some gaps in that some of the threads/links have died. I have gotten my background check from TECRO for my APRC and they authorized it and mailed it to me. I understand now I need to get it translated and notarized. So my first question is does someone have the translation, as it appears from discussions on this thread that they are all the same and that some users used to have a generic translation of the FBI background check. Second, is there a notary in Taipei that can take care of this quickly for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve never applied APRC, only spouse ARC, but I thought that NIA accept English language documents? When I applied my spouse ARC, I supplied them an English language police background check stamped by Taiwan office in London. No Chinese but they accepted it.

Perhaps it’s different for APRC?

2 Likes

i have used HB Lin and was very happy.
you can email them the docs in advance, they prepare everything, then you come with the originals and they attach the translation and stamp it together.
prices for this service are regulated by the government, so all notaries charge the same.
he is in nan gang, if its far from you, just google for a notary near you.

H.B. Lin Notary Public (Taipei)
02 2651 2177
https://maps.google.com/?cid=5829556169244014390&entry=gps

2 Likes

Yea maybe it’s different for the APRC. Even the other posts about this on the Forumosa posts mention the translation. There are some old posts that even reference a link to download the translation, but they are all dead so I also am struggling finding a translation of the document.

1 Like