Translation, proofreading, and editing services

Li Yan Enterprises 立言企業

Services
Translation (Chinese to English, English to Chinese)
Proofreading, editing, and formatting

We specialize in preparing academic manuscripts for publication as journal articles or conference papers.

We are based in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and are happy to issue official Taiwanese tax receipts (發票) for the work we do.

http://www.liyanenterprises.com

From your own website:

Holy CRAP, batman! Is this a typo or a joke? My GOD! I for one would dearly love to see how your Chinese translators manage to do this – only, you know? I make my living by wrangling the crap the locals produce into something that at least nominally makes sense in English. In more than 20 years, I have yet to see a document produced in English by a non-native speaker that could ever HOPE to pass muster! Thank god, or I’d be out of a job.
You have CHINESE people translating into ENGLISH? For PEER-REVIEWED journals? I call complete BULLSHIT!

[quote=“sandman”]From your own website:

Holy CRAP, batman![/quote]

There. I fixed it.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“sandman”]From your own website:

Holy CRAP, batman![/quote]

There. I fixed it.[/quote]
No, no, no, Chris! Maybe he’s found the mother-lode! Maybe there really IS a secret coterie of locals producing work of this nature! I mean, its KAOHSIUNG! If that’s not a global centre for hello Kitty love-power brilliantness, then really, I don’t know what is.
Thing is, he might be making actual money from this. Hard to imagine. I work for a pretty large number of peer-reviewed rags, and they, you know? Like, dude! Tend to be quite picky. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s time Chinglish got some respect as the established code it is. I believe we at F.com have the responsibility to hold a bake sale, or something, raise a couple of thousand NT and set up “The International Journal of Chinglish Studies.” Perhaps Mr. Barnum! would like! to be! on the board of! directors!?

Wow, tough crowd.

My wife is a native-speaker of Chinese who went to school in the US (and subsequently lived and worked there for 12 years). She translates Chinese text to English text, which I then proof. I like to think this system yields better results than typical translation agencies might provide. Our customers thus far have been happy with our quality.

[quote=“sliminfinite”]Wow, tough crowd.

My wife is a native-speaker of Chinese who went to school in the US (and subsequently lived and worked there for 15 years). She translates Chinese text to English text, which I then proof. I like to think this system yields better results than typical translation agencies might provide. Our customers thus far have been happy with our quality.[/quote]

Yes, great system. But your website doesn’t say that. It says you have Chinese translators who edit their own work when you are in fact just a husband-wife team.

This is key.

OK, I understand the point everyone is making. I edited the text in question on the website. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.