Travel Insurance when travelling abroad

Hi,
Next October i’m going to China for 4 months and i’ve been asked to have an Insurance which covers health and accident while i live there.

And it seems NHI isn’t valid outside Taiwan.

Anyone knows where i can purchase this kind of Insurance? and i prefer the cheap one, since i’m a student :slight_smile:

Any travel agent.

The airport.

From 750nt to 1200 nts, you get life insurance -several millions for your next of kin if you cross the street the wrong way- and medical coverage. As said, travel agents or at the airport, counters open at 6am.

www.worldnomads.com

They once settled a claim of mine quickly and efficiently.

Sorry to hijack, but just to verify: I suppose travel insurance would cover the costs of hospitalization after one is being caught in, say, a shooting? saying this because my friend just came back from Miami, and they had a little scare at the mall. Turned out to be a bomb hoax, but what if it was the real thing? It is a bit different from the usual, say, getting mugged, or run over by a car, or slipping on a sidewalk kind of “accident”.

Has anyone used the insurance providers at the airport (桃園國際機場) to get a travel insurance?

Can foreigners (with ARC) use it for a short term travel (to Vietnam)? What cost can I expect for a 6 days holiday?