Traveling from Taiwan->Kinmen->Xiamen

First of all, I’ve spent the past three hours searching the Internet and this site to try to find information, but I’m still quite confused, so I apologize if this information is, indeed, easily accessible.

OK, I’m a US passport holder, I live and work in Taiwan and have an ARC. I was hoping to make a weekend trip to Xiamen during the Moon Festival weekend or the following weekend (10/10 holiday). This would be my first international trip since coming to Taiwan, and I’m confused.

My questions:

[ul][li]Do I need a visa to visit China (Xiamen) for only two days? If so, what is the approximate cost and how long does it take to get? Do I get it while still in Taiwan?
[/li]
[li]Is it possible, for a US citizen with Taiwanese ARC, to fly to Kinmen, take a ferry to Xiamen, then return the same route two days later? There’s confusing info about this on the Internet.[/li][/ul]

I’d appreciate anyone’s guidance with this, especially Americans here in Taiwan who have done this route. Thanks.

There are several threads on this including one with a title almost identical to yours. :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75510&hilit=xiamen+visa

In short, you need a visa to go to China. Period. It will take a week or two to get one if you use a local travel agency. Not sure about price for Americans but it’s NT4 or 5,000 for me as a Canadian.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]There are several threads on this including one with a title almost identical to yours. :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75510&hilit=xiamen+visa

In short, you need a visa to go to China. Period. It will take a week or two to get one if you use a local travel agency. Not sure about price for Americans but it’s NT4 or 5,000 for me as a Canadian.[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, I did read that post, but it didn’t seem to help my situation much…

Anyway, I don’t know if I would be making any more trips to China in the next year, so paying NT9,000 for a visa for one weekend trip is excessive. I guess I’ll just stay in Taiwan.