Traveling to America with Taiwanese wife for vacation

Hello everyone, I just want to get others opinions and experiences, especially if it’s been recent on this subject.
I am going to America to travel with my Taiwanese wife for 3 weeks. Do I, and her say we are married or boyfriend and girlfriend?
We have heard stories and just recently how the same situation just happened to another where they were sent to a small room to be questioned in the airport and they are married and said they were boyfriend and girlfriend. I’d feel we just want to be honest and say married if asked, but should we persist to say boyfriend and girlfriend? If questions continue and they find her lying I’d think that would make things worse. Any advice would be helpful!

Do NOT lie to USCIS agents at the border.
Just tell the truth. You’re married, then married. You’re bf/gf, then bf/gf.
If you lie and they find out, that is much more serious trouble. It may go on her or your record.
If married, then bring pics of wedding, etc.
She should be able to enter U.S. on waiver-free visa anyway (if no greencard).

6 Likes

I seriously don’t understand why it would even cross your mind to lie to Homeland Security agents about something like that.

9 Likes

Facebook chit chat!

1 Like

Don’t break the law. You’re married, so say you’re married. WTH

I was planning on saying she’s my wife. We just had friends going through that had issues and told us to say we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, but thank you guys, I’ll stick with being honest.

2 Likes