Travelling in bad weather?

I haven’t experienced much bad weather here. I reckon 80% of forecast rainy days hasn’t had a drop. But Im free and I was thinking of going to maybe Alishan this week, and there’s supposed to be thunderstorms every day with possibility of super typhoon so… bad idea?

Yes.

Yes.

Ok.
That’s annoying. I was hoping to get out a lot this month but it seems it has been and will continue to be pissing down everywhere (save hsinchu)

Or you could make it a typhoon holiday just find a nice hotel and stay inside for three days

1 Like

Stay away from mountain areas next weekend.

Stay away from coastal areas next weekend.

And based on current forecasts (subject to change), I’d also stay away from Tainan and Kaohsiung next weekend if possible.

Guy

Bad idea if you have ever driven through the mountains during or just after a typhoon you will know why.
Alternatively you can just look up footage on YouTube.

I am wanting to do a road bike trip will this week be a bad idea then?

Given the vagaries of typhoons, I’d say this is not a good plan.

Guy

Terrible idea. The roads are awash with debris. Mind you if you’re after practicing puncture repairs have at it.

You left out the parts about balancing the bike in gale force winds, and also learning how to dodge falling debris!

Guy

Plus how to over-torque in low gear whilst pedalling through a mudslide.

Travel with someone that can either pick you up and call an ambulance after you get struck by a rock in th enoggin or you can do the same for him/her. The odds of both being hit are 50/50, so we´re good.

Gee that sounds kinda tempting
any hotels in kaohsiung with a good view?

If the trip involves being in and around Taipei, it could be doable, but I’m not even sure I’m able to go out for a quick ride this weekend im Taipei despite the forecasts saying the worse will be in the south.

Traveling in bad weather ? DON’T is the answer