Tri-Nations

Congrats to S.A. for winning the first of the tri-nations games. A much tighter contest.

Australia take a bonus point which is critical from these games.

I look forward to the N.Z. S.A. clash.

GO BOKKE!!! :bravo:
I wonder whether that shocked flock of kiwi’s will recover in time for the Wallabie stampede …

[quote=“booradley”]GO BOKKE!!! :bravo:
I wonder whether that shocked flock of kiwi’s will recover in time for the Wallabie stampede …[/quote]

We shall soon see… but as we know the Boks are always mighty at home but often travel poorly.

Yes, it’s a bitch traveling to Australia and New Zealand from South Africa. That’s also why the South Africans have been at a disadvantage in the Super 12 all along.
But that’s no problem. Class is permanent, form is temporary. My bet is South Africa will at the very least beat Australia in Australia (look, boys, the wheel turns and it’s the Wallabies on this down cycle) and quite possibly beat New Zealand, too.
And the All Blacks are going to make Wallaby mince meat come Saturday. I really can’t see Australia beating the All Blacks at this stage.

Prediction for next Saturday: All Blacks by 15.

[quote=“DSN”]Prediction for next Saturday: All Blacks by 15.[/quote] Close prediction. 30-13. I can’t help wondering the result if the dubious forward pass hadn’t been called in the early stages of the game. Joe Rokocoko would have been my choice for man of the match.

Saturday 13th’s prediction: Boks by less than 7 points.

Seeing no one else did it, I’ll have to do it myself: :bravo: :notworthy: :bravo:

Sighhh.

:bravo:

They’d be screwed without Habana though. Let’s hope he doesn’t fall down some stairs or something.

The referee was shite. But ya gotta hand it to the boks. They hold their ground and wait for their chances better than any I’ve seen. Sigh.

So, it’s off to The New now. If the All Blacks win both matches, that’ll place SA and NZ tied at three wins apiece. What happens then?

Actually NZ have a bonus point already for their less-than-7-points loss to SA, while SA don’t. If the ABs beat Oz and then SA by more than 7 points, they’ll be the clear winners (13 points vs SA’s 12).

Otherwise it goes down to points difference, I think. I I recall correctly, that’s how SA won last year.

Prediction for Saturday: NZ by 8-14 points.

[quote=“Toe Save”]The referee was shite. But ya gotta hand it to the boks. They hold their ground and wait for their chances better than any I’ve seen. Sigh.

So, it’s off to The New now. If the All Blacks win both matches, that’ll place SA and NZ tied at three wins apiece. What happens then?[/quote]

I only saw the last 20 mins, but the ref did seem to be very Ozzy-helpful. Not enough to stop the Boks though.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Toe Save”]The referee was shite. But ya gotta hand it to the boks. They hold their ground and wait for their chances better than any I’ve seen. Sigh.

So, it’s off to The New now. If the All Blacks win both matches, that’ll place SA and NZ tied at three wins apiece. What happens then?[/quote]

I only saw the last 20 mins, but the ref did seem to be very Ozzy-helpful. Not enough to stop the Boks though.[/quote]

Well, that’s completely NOT what I was talking about. Twice he blew down play (as Oz came up with the ball) and then said “sorry”, but still gave the ball to the boks. That and umpteen ‘warnings’ made me wonder whether he had a nice new Rolex waiting for him in his locker. And the one yellow card that he did show was for a fly hack and really wasn’t worthy of the bin. That did work in Wallabby favour tho’.

Maybe the last twenty minutes I saw were him trying to balance it out then (as they do), lol.