Trick via Forumosa For Listening to YouTube Music while Doing Other Things

For those who listen to YouTube for music on their smartphone. I know it’s not necessary or common, but there are times.

Have you noticed that when you are listening to music on YouTube and then switch to another app on your smartphone, the music stops. But if you are listening to YouTube video music playing inside Forumosa, and switch to another app, the music continues.

Yeah there are situations like split screen and look at two apps at the same time but that’s a different situation

Easy way round this in general is to use Firefox, it will keep playing YouTube in the background even after you switch away from it.

You can use Vanced. It’s YouTube stripped from ads and has playback while in the background.

2 Likes

And it’s free to use? Holy cow, I’d pay 10us$ for something like that.

Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking and background playback

Features:

• YouTube Vanced IS NOT YouTube Premium
  • Blocks all YouTube ADs (some options are togglable)
  • Background playback feature
  • Force VP9(or HDR) or vice versa
  • Override Max Resolution
  • Pinch to Zoom on all devices
  • Casting togglable (can be forced off)
  • Togglable Theme (White/Dark/Black)
  • PiP (Oreo Only)
  • Video window new or old style
  • Repeat video feature
  • Preffered Resolution & Speed feature
  • Swipe controls for Volume and Brightness

XDA Thread

Screenshot_20191101-155529409

I use this addon for Firefox. It works well.

1 Like

There’s another trick they doesn’t require any add-on. Instead of opening a video in the YouTube app, open it via the “desktop site” version of YouTube website on your browser. Remember to remove the “m.” from the beginning of the URL and it should work as you wanted.
That’s how I play songs in my mobile nowadays.