Truck plows into Christmas market in Berlin

I think that’s roughly 1000kms through 3 or 4 countries (depending on the route), for a person who was being looked for by any European police service.

Open borders 101.

1 Like

What’s your point ?

Open borders and freedom to move is what Europe stands for.

He is dead now, isn’t he? So, he ran a 1000 km and found his final destination.
I’d call this a success for the authorities. It actually frightens me a bit that it happened so fast.
What if the NAZIs take over this system, like they did in the US. :grin:

And you guys blindly want to improve it. What for?
So that you can be 100% sure that nothing happens to you when you drive your SUV with the sticker baby on board on the sidewalk?

Why don’t you just crawl back under you helicopter mom’s dress?
Like other people here already mentioned, I find the comments here very embarrassing for people who are living in a foreign country themselves.

By the way, the market in Berlin has reopened for business.

1 Like

If you can’t see the point by now, you never will.

1 Like

I think refugees who commit these types of crimes should be stripped of their refugee statuses and deported. Ungrateful sons of b’s.
Obviously this guy is dead and can’t be deported but just look at the jihadists in England and the refugee crisis in Sweden.

1 Like

He got deported to paradise, where his 72 virgins…raisins, whatever…are waiting for him. So it’s a win-win for everybody.

I know you’re joking but I think that’s an inappropriate joke. A ‘win-win’ for everybody? No. Innocent people’s lives were taken away by this man and many others have been traumatized. That isn’t something to joke about.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I meant win-win in the sense that his death prevented more people from being killed, and was something that he wanted anyway, because of his belief system. He didn’t, after all, take any more lives when he was killed in a shootout with Italian police. The rookie cop who took him out is a hero.

Well okay, fair enough - that’s one way of looking at it. Everybody’s got a different perspective on things, which is why we have ‘terrorism’ in the first place.

If/when Europeans finally uncuck themselves, it’s going to be absolutely ferocious. By then, people might be hoping for mass deportations as the most humane option.

I wonder if people who are obsessed with seeing Nazis everywhere are like Republican politicians who go on about “family values” who then get caught standing with a very wide stance in a public bathroom.