Trump’s Mt Rushmore Speech

The press has reported or posted Op-Eds about the white supremacy in his speech, how the speech was dark, foreboding, and/or divisive, claimed that he defended confederates and/or traitors, and that it was a speech of division.

I played their game of Where’s Waldo and couldn’t find any of it.

That’s because you need to turn the video upside down, mirror image it and filter out the infrared radiation first. Then you can clearly see the hidden racist symbols and gestures.
Geesh.

2 Likes

Dark is a racist term.

I say dark is beautiful.

Hint: turn on the sound. Alternatively, enable subtitles. Or read a transcript like this one here.

Not being American, please excuse that I likely dont understand lots of this utterly cringeworthy speech. But at least divisiveness should be easy to spot. For example the following brilliant gem of a quote seems not very inclusive. Rather… Divisive.

The violent mayhem we have seen in the streets and cities that are run by liberal Democrats in every case is the predictable result of years of extreme indoctrination and bias in education, journalism, and other cultural institutions. Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes but that were villains.

Let me summarize: “Everyone who dares to criticize any dubious or negative events in US history is an enemy.” Divisive, no?

And if that whole weird text is NOT dark and foreboding… What is? The very existence of the US is threatened, everything is going to be ruined. Yeah

5 Likes

Truth is divisive. It pits the irrational against the irrational.

1 Like

Sometimes Americans need an outside perspective to pull them out of their bubble. Some have a tendency to try and blame anything and everything on the other side while denying any accountability of their own. They call this “truth” (see above response) and don’t seem to think that blaming and alienating 60% of the country is being divisive.

But that Obama, let me tell you that guy was real divisive. He spewed hate and blamed all the ills of the country on Republicans. Oh wait… sorry he never did that. Mixing up my presidents again.

6 Likes