Trump's Presidential Immunity hearing (with a judge who might be a Clancy fan :)

Hey, isn’t this the premise for the movie, Clear and Present Danger? Below from Clear and Present Danger (film) - Wikipedia

A United States Coast Guard vessel intercepts and boards a U.S. registered yacht in the Caribbean Sea. Evidence shows that the ship’s owner and passengers, American businessman Peter Hardin and his family, were murdered by the occupying Colombian crew. CIA analyst Jack Ryan learns that Hardin was laundering money for the South American Cali Cartel. Drug lord Ernesto Escobedo ordered Hardin’s murder for embezzling millions in drug profits. U.S. President Bennett, Hardin’s close friend, discreetly authorizes National Security Advisor James Cutter to initiate covert operations in Colombia to destroy the cartel.

Emphasis is mine. NOTE: This is not quite the same idea behind the Tom Clancy novel that the movie is based on.

The parents of the judge asking this question are originally from Taiwan - cool!

Pan was born in 1966 in New York City to parents who had immigrated to the United States from Taiwan in 1961
Florence Y. Pan - Wikipedia

I love this. Trump logic ladies and gentlemen. Assassinate your political rivals and as long as you have enough supporters in the senate (I guess you can threaten them with murder too), then you can literally get away with murder.