Tsai urges EU nations to back Taiwan

Read this today and thought “how the hell are you going to sell that!”. Then did a bit of reading.

President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) on Monday urged European nations to support liberal, democratic Taiwan

Ohh, like the use of “liberal” being thrown in there, appealing to the EU’s baser instincts.

In a recorded speech at a seminar held at the European Parliament in Brussels, Tsai said China is undermining the “status quo”

Good! No need to get into who is undermining the “status quo” always good to get a dig in where China will claim the same.

across the Taiwan Strait and its rapid rise is changing the global order in place since the end of World War II.

Oh, she is on a roll here, definitely made herself familiar with the politically correct nod to “global order”. I take back my earlier skepticism.

At the opening of the Taiwan-sponsored seminar titled “China Factor: Resistance is Futile? — Taiwan as a Case Study,”

Lol, this part was icing on the cake. Was she hinting towards the resistance against Trump or more likely comparing China to the Borg? either way works well.

Anyway, might garner some sympathetic voices but doubt much will change in EU’s stance towards Taiwan. At least in the short term.

EU isn’t much use unfortunately .
If China invaded Taiwan they would do sweet fuck all .
We have to depend on the good ole USA and their most excellent arms industry .

2 Likes

Yip, they love to debate and debate and debate and debate and debate, and then pass a feel-good resolution. And then navel gaze.

If we wanted morals and fuzzy rainbows to dictate our future with chi a maybe we should have not bought all our shit from there for so many years and funded them. I see retail outlets as basically kickstarter/gofundme outlets for chi as world domination. I’m not worried about it, so don’t call paranoid, its just a fact. Want to stop China, stop digging.paying them for.everything in your life. EU is a massive hypocrisy, as any person that does trade with them.knows. so unfortunately I agree with Brian Jones. The time for logical PREVENTION is over. The commoners and gov are equally to blame, so lets not.point fingers. This one will end in blood. As pretty much every conflict with Chinese culture does, except Taiwan so far…ironically.

So more guns I guess. But trump is a hollow pussy, unlike Co.

Tsai wants to have a love in with the EU, while Taiwan pollutes big time and executes prisoners. The Greenies and human rights crowd in Brussels won`t like that!!!

1 Like

Actually I am a European and I like what she did there.

3 Likes

Taiwan needs to step up it’s rhetoric and this seems like a small step in the right direction.

2 Likes

CWhat will happen to all the laowais and Taiwanese who whip out their foreign passports if the big day comes?

The Taiwanese government says there’s only roughly 2000 Canadians living on the island, while the Canadian government seems to think there are over 60,000 Canadians living on the island.

How will western government deal with something like this? Would all non Taiwanese citizens get evacuated by their foreign government or whhhaat?

Will Taiwan force Taiwanese with dual passports to stay and fight the reds? Will the harmless laowais be saved?

I guess they would be qualified :thinking:

LOFL

iOS and I don’t take time to reread or edit hahah. That’s funny tho.

I for one am impressed with the good use of politically correct leverage. ChewDawg might have a point on executing prisoners. K-Man needs to up his game with more stores of foreigners throwing banana peels out of car windows to bury such stories.

We will fight them on the Beaches…

1 Like

He’s up for the challenge

2 Likes

She should have thrown in abolishing capital publisment since the EU actually often criticized Taiwan for that.

I bet we would get a lot of support in exchange for taking some of their migrants off their hands as well, but I rather not seeing how they are doing in the EU. Better off fending off the barbarians across the S China sea than to open for the migrants at the gates.

Probably EU can not do much for Taiwan ideologically wide, considering it can not protect own borders in the first place. Germans, which are leaders of EU, are really good - hard working people, good technicians, they produce best cars, but when it comes to geo - strategic leadership they lack common sense. Always did and always will. Remember this folks. Brits have always been smartest, they have good reasons to left EU - German train.

But yea smart move of Tsai, and this Slovakian guy grab it. East European countries like Slovakia, Czech, Poland can attract Taiwanese investment. Still cheap workers and products can have title made in EU, without paying customs taxes etc.

There is def a huge potential for taiwan - eu trade, which can push up a bit politically indeed.

But do not expect Merkel mention Taiwan to Xi. She can not deal even with small fish - Erdogan

I’m a European and not sure this will make any difference whatsoever. Got to try I guess .

In the end the only countries keeping us free are Taiwan and the US.

Don’t believe me…Look at Tibet. I grew up hearing about Free Tibet, Dalai Llama…EU did nothing. Taiwan needs submarines , nobody will sell them to Taiwan.

I thought about that a couple of days ago, when they announced the first execution under her administration. The EU promptly criticised this decision. There is a clear conflict and pandering to the local voters turned out to be the more important goal.

Be a good idea. But if its a conversation on China vs Taiwan, death penalty shouldnt really be important. Killing a guy who knifed his ex and snuffed his daughter is slightly different than executing a corrupted business guy who taints food exports with plastic

Either way, the US is only useful in the sense of violence, like the death penalty, via government issued cool toys they sell us, and some papers that kind of bind them to us…but not really. And exports. If we have to find a moral ally with any kind of weight I would concede its the EU. Who else? Canada…Australia…laughable, so I’m happy she tried. Surely its better than cocaine exporters like panama or Guatemala. Can’t be worse than cocaine importing hubs like wacked out Gambia. And surely islands like Palau where coke heads go to escape and make a sea creature extinct won’t stop China much.

So ya. EU, I would focus on it a lot, second only to the US (sadly)

Until all the pussies of the world grow a pair and stand up for human rights, freedom and general movement towards decency, they will justify things by China doing solar and building railroads in other countries. All the while.ignoring they are basically like the imf a d bankrupting weak nations, raping resources and.environments while plunking inefficient solar farms.closer to Tibet, which we somehow don’t care about past genocide and allow and enable the preparation for future ones.

So ya. English vegetable, at least try. Youre a useless cunt in most peoples opinions, but this time I say plus one!

Futile tbh. Not only wouldn’t the EU care, the EU’s influence is on such terminal decline that no one is really listening.

1 Like