Tsingtao Brewery in Pingdong

Ok, I am no fan of China and i dont ever buy Tsingtao as its Chinese…but i found out that their restaurant there has 2 for 1 pitchers! I can only resist so much…It makes it in Taiwan, thats my justification.

its light beer liek Taiwan beer, so nothing special (typical monkey piss), but its cheap.

1400 ml pitchers, $120 and its 2 for one on beer if you spend over $100 per person. this month they have live bands (nothing special really) on weekends. The brewery has a decent museum of sorts when its open. Worth a boo if your in the area. Its in Neipu, near the huge Pingtung University. Just outside of Neipu city/town central.

Scared of drinking alone? Our arms dont twist far :discodance:

Long awaited invite. I am in if youre still in town…years later…and i cant imagine a brewey going under…

Jan Feb 2014 - anyone in town?

PM from here…

i think Tsingtao is okay. what are some of the better taiwan beers?

Let me think there’s Taiwan beer in the green bottle. Then Taiwan beer in the other green bottle. There’s Taiwan beer in the blue can. Then there’s Taiwan beer in the green can.

Yup.

There’s also some okay Ilan German style beers, nothing special.

… and TB has two dark beers of 7% only available at selected restaurants, just why don’t they sell it at supermarkets?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Lots of views. Hit town today. Anyone up for brewery or drinks in pingtung?

i dont check here often, but i am nearby and am certainly into drinks if people feel like it. pm me is best. note there are police around the area so drink responsibly.

they used to hold concerts/contests etc in summer on weekends. i remember one time they were asking kids, yes kids get to play along in drunken style beer games, what is the best beer in taiwan…and of course they said Taiwan beer. took the cute girls running the show a good 5 mins of super embarrassing attempts to get them to say tsingtao, which apparently was not in their vocabulary yet. i find the standard taiwan beer and tsingtao to be bottom of the barrel of local made stuff with the cheap japanese/chinese imports being the only thing lower…that said tsingtao is easy on the hangovers, the green label taiwan beer can be rough.

we are not drinking tsingtao for the quality but the price…130nt for 2.5 liters… its a cheap fix not a quality experience.

Hello I’m curently in pingtung and will be staying here for 2 more weeks I’m up for a beer just send me a pm here.

Btw anyone know any nice pub around pingtung Kaohsiung were you can sit down have a dring and relax some maby surf a little on the web read a book or have a chat with some friendly locals?

i believe this would be called a restaurant :slight_smile: the bars in pingdong are more noisy and drink oriented it seems. but most food places serve beer and are far more relaxed. Kaohsiung might have more in the way of relaxed pubs though. if you find one in pingtung, let me know as i dont really dig the bar scene that much.

tsingtao is pretty relaxed though, but not really a “bar” feel.

Yes I agre the only plase so far is cowboy. But I can’t say it is a bar. But anyway holler if you want to go for a beer.
I will probably hit KS tomorrow for some good food and some drinks. I love Chinese food but I like some western food once in a while when I’m on vacation .

Probably tastes like piss anyway.

Wondering if annually_in_KHH ever made it out for a drink