Tuan Tuan panda at Taipei Zoo sick

We can live without pandas. If there’s any chance we have one that can find a mate, better to let them go and get it on

Well, the logistics and science involved in in vitro or whatever other techniques they may try with pandas still require the, ahem, ingredients. It will be …complicated. And expensive.

For now, they will move Heaven and Earth to save the one we have.

Cloning, GMOs and stolen DNA are already par for the course :slight_smile: Not unheard of. Pandas should just be more of a fuck you to the CCP. It isnt likely Taiwan will be the country that becomes the beacon of species survival and conservation.

agreed they willd spend money to save it. as they have to house and feed it. money isnt the issue with Taiwan. and if we look at glowing pigs and food production, ethics arent a problem either.

So . . . I presume releasing the remaining three into into the wild in the bamboo forests of Chiayi won’t be an option?

Guy

1 Like

Think more puppy mill meats tissue laboratory.

I am not sure why my phone corrected meets to meats after puppy mill 3 times. but I wont tempt fate trying a 4th time.

1 Like

Glowing pigs have use in medical research. Glowing fish, well, they were a fad.

Last I read abroad they are trying for glowing trees, to save electricity at night!

2 Likes

It would be as cruel as releasing a pet poodle in the same area. These animals cannot survive in the wild. They depend on humans for, well, everything. Even reproduction.

they made some cool sensitive glowing tobacco.

but when it comes to ethics, I think we are long past that pipe dream already :slight_smile: clone parthenogenic glowing pandas and send some to lithuania on loan. Just to show China we can!

Come to think of it, I seem to remember they will only eat certain bamboo from Sichuan and will not touch the local stuff. As food snobs, they may even give @Dr_Milker a run for his money. :upside_down_face:

Guy

So, glowing pandas? Should be very popular!

1 Like

Anything can be turned it a political issue. Fuck me.

I thought it was funny.

Guy

2 Likes

Pandas are a political issue from birth. Add it to the list of things to hate the CCP for. We here are just fucking around about trolling the ccp about their nonsense :slight_smile:

It’s over.

Guy

4 Likes

Aw. So, are they selling the pelt? Or do the Chinese still claim it and it’s going on Xi’s bathroom floor instead?

3 Likes

Good riddance, shoulda shipped them back to China the moment they got here, what a stupid stunt.

1 Like

f

The ones in Taiwan are gifts because one China you know

Poor baby
How long do pandas live?
Guess I will google

Is r too old to operate ? Brain cancer is often incurable

I have a
Story but I will save it for another day

Edit seems he is only middle aged
Poor guy won’t make it to 30 expected life expectancy it seems

1 Like

Safe to say evolution doesn’t seem to encourage carnivores to identify and behave as herbivores.

3 Likes