TW Samsung phone doesn't show chrome update 117

Did anyone have this exact issue yet?

We have 2 Samsung Android13 phones bought in TW, currently using them in Germany. There was a recent very severe security issue (Webp related), urging to update all web browsers etc.

On one phone chrome updated to 117, no problem. The other phone insists that 116 is the latest, no updates available. But 117 was generally released already almost a week ago:

Googling brought thousands of ideas for “chrome not updating” (es.g… You see an update in play store but can’t run it)… but I didn’t see this exact issue mentioned.

I tried lots of stuff already, nothing helped: restart phone, reinstall chrome, clear cache/data and/or remove updates of chrome, play store and android web view, clear the cache partition in recovery mode, use mobile data instead of WiFi …

Still have 116 Android 13 Samsung S22+ last updated 11 September.

1 Like

I have an s20 FE, on 117, updated on the 11th.

How do you like the s20 FE? I’m thinking of getting one second hand.

I picked mine up second hand a couple of months ago. Really like it, and it’s great value if you can find a good deal.

1 Like

I’m on 116, Android 12…using a Samsung S10+

Mine still 116… Android 13 Not even noticed if there was a newer version.

So we all kind of have different application versions and different Android update and different builds on the same or different Android.

Thanks for the recommendation. I went and picked one up second hand. Price was pretty good. It’s has a security patch level up to June 2023. I’m not sure if that is the most current one or not.

I’m patched up until August, and I just did a manual check and have an update downloading now. I believe we should be getting security updates until September 2024, but don’t quote me on that. Samsung are generally one of the better manufacturers for long term support on their phones.

Also still on the older version, using a fold 5 with one ui 5.1.1 updated with latest security patches

My wife has Samsung devices I will ask her what version she has later on.