Two apps really needed in English

As to creating a site, I didn’t say that, I said an app would be useful.
There is that website, but it’s not very useful unless you are sitting at a computer.
As to learning the local language, well to use an app you need to learn to read it too which is a whole level of magnitude harder. I know of a number of people who have had 100s of hrs of lessons, been here for 20+ yrs and still can’t manage colours or buy any food other than what they normally get from the restaurant every time. A lot of the issues with the Chinese apps is the bloat, each app tries to do so much that navigating them is getting harder and harder. I used to use one of the taxi apps to call taxis but it seemed almost every month there was a new version and they moved the icons around getting to the point I had to relearn the app over and over again. I gave up in the end.

As I said before what would be very useful is simple no frills apps - to develop these should be simple because most of the hard work has already happened in the Chinese apps. Take the 2-3 useful functions from those, drop the rest of the ‘features’ and swap what is left to English and its done.