Two questions about getting a divorce in Taiwan

I’m thinking of getting a divorce (I’m a foreigner and the husband’s Taiwanese) and I have a couple of questions about the process:

1. Do we have to go back to the original household registration office to file for divorce or can it be ANY household registration office?
  2. I heard that we need to draft an agreement saying that each of our own property stays with us lest one of dies and all the property belonging to the deceased will go to the other even after getting a divorce. Is that true?
  3. Any other tips, tricks, and suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

You might be best advised to contact the Moderator(s) of this Divorce Forum for specific advice.

I might suppose that this late date you have indeed already done so.

[quote=“jns4chat”]I’m thinking of getting a divorce (I’m a foreigner and the husband’s Taiwanese) and I have a couple of questions about the process:

1. Do we have to go back to the original household registration office to file for divorce or can it be ANY household registration office?

2. I heard that we need to draft an agreement saying that each of our own property stays with us lest one of dies and all the property belonging to the deceased will go to the other even after getting a divorce. Is that true? 3. Any other tips, tricks, and suggestions?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I was divorced a long time ago but had to register in the household registration office where my wife was registered. You should call anny household registration office and ask them.

For you will yes you need to change it because even if you are divorced and die and your current will has your ex as the beneficiary then they will inherit the property. I had my will done at the time so that any property or assetts went to my son. So after your divorce make a new will. PS It’s not alway possible for a foreigner to inherit the propert of a Taiwan citizen.