Two questions about room hunting:

1. what is a “delicate” apartment? Do I have to handle with care? I have seen about 100 ads for delicate studios, delicate rooms, or delicate apartments. Wtf?

2. Why would you put pictures on the internet of your room to let without cleaning it first? Yuck! Some of these places I can’t even see the room for the mess around it. And lord knows if it is a shared apartment it only takes one look to know I’m not living with those slobs.

I’ve got a room you could take a look at. And no need to be delicate, either. :howyoudoin:

“Delicate” sounds to me like “small.”

Which is ironic, seeing as how Stray Dog is offering something.

Which is ironic, seeing as how Stray Dog is offering something.[/quote]

Truth in advertizing?

A “delicate” room is probably a dictionary mis-translation into English of the Chinese “ya fang” for “single room” or “room without a bathroom” (as opposed to a taofang or suite/room with a bathroom of its own attached).

Although I agree about the photos thing. But I confess I still enjoy looking at photos of rooms and apartments to let in Taiwan. Sort of a nostalgia thing now that I’m back in the States.

Which is ironic, seeing as how Stray Dog is offering something.[/quote]

:roflmao:

Awesome insert, Irishstu…

[quote=“ironlady”]A “delicate” room is probably a dictionary mis-translation into English of the Chinese “ya fang” for “single room” or “room without a bathroom” (as opposed to a taofang or suite/room with a bathroom of its own attached).

Although I agree about the photos thing. But I confess I still enjoy looking at photos of rooms and apartments to let in Taiwan. Sort of a nostalgia thing now that I’m back in the States.[/quote]

Nostalgia or “Thank god it isn’t me”?

Kind of both at once. Isn’t that scary?? :noway:

It makes more sense than either or.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]
2) Why would you put pictures on the internet of your room to let without cleaning it first? Yuck! Some of these places I can’t even see the room for the mess around it.[/quote]

Because they are neither gay nor lack good aesthetic sense. Which is saying something…

Lacking good aesthetic sense and knowing to clean the room before you take photos are not quite in the same area. Aesthetics and Slovenliness don’t quite relate completely.

Taking bad photos is almost a worse thing in my eyes.

Hey, That is how it looks like

(when I live there)

Can you not see the potential???

It is more like chinese"jin zhi tao fang".

I can’t read pinyin… especially without tones. Can you type that in Chinese for me?

[quote=“ironlady”]A “delicate” room is probably a dictionary mis-translation into English of the Chinese “ya fang” for “single room” or “room without a bathroom” (as opposed to a taofang or suite/room with a bathroom of its own attached).

Although I agree about the photos thing. But I confess I still enjoy looking at photos of rooms and apartments to let in Taiwan. Sort of a nostalgia thing now that I’m back in the States.[/quote]

haha you really neeed to spend that 600 and fly back there and visit :slight_smile: ( i know i do too)

精緻套房

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“ironlady”]A “delicate” room is probably a dictionary mis-translation into English of the Chinese “ya fang” for “single room” or “room without a bathroom” (as opposed to a taofang or suite/room with a bathroom of its own attached).

haha you really neeed to spend that 600 and fly back there and visit :slight_smile: ( i know i do too)[/quote]

Cheaper to just browse the ads, plus there’s no little kid behind me kicking my seat back. :smiley: But I’d definitely like to come back for another “vacation” (and actually not work this time – last time I made the mistake of continuing to work and it was not fun. The whole idea being to recapture the carefree bliss of those days way back when. Or something like that.)