Typhoons 2018

And this is what you get for mocking me: Yutu is actually forecast going up North the Taiwan Strait. Thankfully it will have lost its strength by then, otherwise it really would have been a Nari. Never say never, real life can be much stranger than fiction.

Screenshot_20181028-135612

Screenshot_20181028-135637

One that came up the strait was Wayne, which was pretty damaging, though not very strong.

1 Like

Any northerners doing something fun outdoors to take advantage of this last day of nice weather before the rain hits?

I’m going to buy dehumidifiers. Sigh.

1 Like

Panasonic or Hitachi or Mitsubishi. Made in Japan is good.

Gorgeous weather for bird watching. Got some cool pics over the weekend. Everybody was walking their dogs at the park.

TBH, mostly I am just struggling, really, battling to type as the sun hits my face and keyboard. But the window is open and the breeze is blowing in.

2 Likes

Tatung is really good too

Most of my current appliances are Panasonic and I got that trusty Tatung rice cooker. I’ll probably stay loyal to those brands, they have yet to do me wrong.

I wonder if there are any good deals at the department stores right now…

Got a Tatung 6.5l in every room. Yet to fail me. You do need to empty the water but it works as a charm. Bought at Pchome, around 4k. Cheaper than in store.

So… what’s up with that typhoon?

Yep, end of year (translation: inventory clean up before tax season). But you can also get good deals al Elife Mall (全國電子) and Costco (better for guaranty purposes and afterservice).

This typhoon is dying no? Already down to a Cat 1.

How many rooms you got?

I just stick one outside my bathroom to help with the humidity when I shower and open my windows to get airflow but I have thought about buying 2 more dehumidifiers.

download%20(11)

it made landfall in Pinoy land, so it will proceed in direction of Hong Kong while continuously weakening, and then dissipate or evolve into a weather-fart.

This year the God of Spinning Winds has forsaken us.

Do you keep your cameras and lenses in a dehumidifying cabinet? Does humidity damage cameras?

Yes and yes, but why in the typhoon thread, dafuq

1 Like

When I googled dehumidifiers at costco those things showed up and then I asked :hugs:

1. I leave them ON all time. Thinking to buy one more for the living room

That animation shows the eye of the typhoon approaching southern Taiwan on Saturday… which is when the final events of the Boat Burning Festival take place in Donggang. I hope the typhoon will die out by then. I plan on being down there.

I was very pleased when I woke up thsi morning and saw the forecast on Windyty. A sigh of relief…

…however, we will still get some rain, from Wednesday on, per current forecasts.

You and a bunch of foreign media. Expect lots of attention.

Oh yes, from the inside out. Suddenly, it doesn´t work anymore, you take it to the repair shop and as per the words of Dr. MacCoy: it´s dead.