Typhoons 2019?

Looks like it will do it’s worst on Monday night…

Swan boats, Moons, bridges, everything is flying in Bitan right now. River is already extremely high after the last couple of days rain, if the typhoon does arrive and drop appreciable rain then flooding can be expected. 2 local riverside car parks are already closed.

1 Like

No news. Here’s the website (linked further upthread, but with 700+ posts, it’s probably easier to just post it again):
https://www.dgpa.gov.tw/typh/daily/ndse.html

Looks like we won’t really feel the effects of Mitag until tomorrow night.

Folks I need a no BS assessment for tomorrow. Fortunes and fates are depending on it. Based on everything you know to be good and true, will there be a typhoon day tomorrow? Serious replies only (@Rocket excempted of course)

Probably not.

No

Rats. I could have used the day off.

gZaZgRW

Eh…very very close. Could be fairly annoying.

Thanks all. You’ve done nothing but made me drink another :tumbler_glass:

Wait a minute. The colors outside and the way the wind is kicking up…hmmmm…

Red dusk pretty much always means nice weather tomorrow

That’s true, it’s what the sailors say. Looks funky out there, though.

Color here is black and waves of rain have started.

I have to get up at 6 a.m. to go to work in Jingmei, where it’s always f***ing raining. I wish there would be a typhoon day, because it’s one of my few jobs that I will be paid for, regardless.
Ain’t going to happen, though. :angry:

Jinmei is next to Xindian and I don’t know why, we get full effect from Yilan. Yilan looks much worse.

Here in Xindian they even picked the 3 moon floating sculptures by Jimmy Liao in Bitan!

It’s the fucking mountains. :angry:

Currently upgraded to typhoon. Looks like we have to wait until 10pm for announcements.

1 Like

From that map it looks like it’s gonna hit us straight on. It’s awful quiet right now, though.

My family chat’s verdict is “probably no typhoon day.”

It’s looking like it will really kick up by tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if they’re gonna let us have the whole day or just a half day off.