Typhoons 2019?

I’m still gonna be workin from home to make a deadline. But I surely don’t mind workin in my PJs.

1 Like

They’ve called this wrong, haven’t they?

It’s going to get pulled up north.

Deathly still around Taipei main station right now… not even a breeze…

Wunderground’s tracking sees Mitag clipping the northeast part of Taiwan:

Guy

An opinion shared by many:

1 Like

Same here. Too eerie. I mean, no wind, no rain, ambulances, no motorcycles. No mahjong tiles being shuffled.

It may be worse then expected and steer west, essentially circumnavigating the northern tip of the island.

IMG_20190930_054408

2 Likes

Woah. That would be real wet since the typhoon would be sucking up ocean water and dumping it on northern Taiwan until it’s well west of the island, and on west-central Taiwan even longer. Depending on the size as it approaches and the size it maintains as it passes over the northern tip of Taiwan, the total rainfall could tick up very high indeed.

This is probably a good time to avoid the central mountains, too.

Scary stuff

Onyok19_05_Loop

Onyok19_05_Zoom-1038x650

Lmao it’s aiming for my house. Will I finally manage to be in the eye of a typhoon? I was so close in 2014, just 8kms away…

COME AT ME, BRAH

4 Likes

#prayforibiswtf

Imma going down to the 全聯. It’s going to be heaving but bear needs food badly.

#pray4bear

I upgraded the thread title to ?! since it’s really happening this time.

2 Likes

It’s a weird typhoon. Doesn’t feel like it’s coming.

Perhaps it is an “ old typhoon “ :blush:. They certainly seem to be happening less and less . Does anyone else think the animated pic looks like an embryo of a baby dragon ?

1 Like

So tomorrow off too?

Anyone else get woken up by the pouring of water in the middle of the night?

I was . But it was just a terrible , terrible dream . I thought @Brianjones was pouring a draft beer , but it was just someone in the next bed pouring water . Woke up with the shock of it .

2 Likes

Usually that’s an indicator that one has peshed the bed…

3 Likes

Unlikely, it should have left by the morning.

Just made that run myself - dry on the walk out, rain starting on the walk back. At least now I’ve figured out the 全聯 app enough that using my phone to pay takes about as much time as cash does.

So just when do the prices get jacked up? At what exact time in the past few days did mixed peppers jump from 65 to 92?

Alas, too much marking and other stuff to get done today, otherwise I wouldn’t #pray4bear, but #loadedforbear would have been an option. However, I’m sure others on the forum shall oblige.