Typhoons 2021

Suddenly?

I love Typhoons. Paid day off!

3 Likes

It is said that the God of the Spinning Winds appeared to him, and he whirled away into the morning mist, never to be seen againā€¦

1 Like

This is voluntary for the companies. For many this is a unpaid day off!

Itā€™s happening!

1 Like

Who are you?

1 Like

I live in Yilan, I shoot girls in short shorts.

4 Likes

Ibis? Is that you?

1 Like

If that typhoon is due to hit Friday Iā€™m gonna be peeved. I already book that day off work, so that will be a complete waste.

Wait, the numbers 15, 16, 17, 18 etc are the dates where it will be? So it wont hit Friday.

Heā€™s in hibernation perhaps?
Like a frog.

Compared to Ibis, we kno nuthinā€™.

4 Likes

Well at least in Kaoshuing , we do not need one now. We have enough water till mid summer at least.

But it seems it not coming to Taiwanā€¦

Hard to say, itā€™s actually right in the sweet spot to possibly affect us (and not go sailing away to the north)

That one is not going to hit Taiwan.

Another hit for the Philippinesā€¦

Guy

Itā€™s still pretty far out! One never knowsā€¦

1 Like

Again, I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to say that at this point? Everything is just projections. How many times is a typhoon thatā€™s going to hit Taiwan announced and thenā€¦nothing happens?

You guys may be right. Wundergroundā€™s projection has Tropical Storm Surigae veering to the north, and not directly striking the Philippinesā€¦

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/western-pacific/2021/tropical-storm-surigae

Guy

1 Like

Whereā€™s @IbisWtf when you need him?

3 Likes

Dragging his feet.

Never mind, more than one person can read a weather forecast modelā€¦

There is a big band of cooler water between the Philippines and Taiwan, running approximately ENE from the tip of Taiwan. this will be a barrier to the typhoon, and force it to swing away to the east on Thursday 22, and head harmlessly into the Pacific. Typhoons donā€™t really like water temperature differentials, they change course when they cross into cooler water.

3 Likes