Typhoons 2021

There are some 711 that closes,but that’s because they are inside a mall or whatever that does close.

Otherwise 711 is open unless the store is physically destroyed. They will have dry ice trucked in should power outage last too long.

3 Likes

Imagine you’re the poor kid who has to work at a 7/11 during a typhoon. (Or the peak of a pandemic for that matter)

4 Likes

I feel like most of us have been in a similar situation though :frowning: kind of life

But you can’t deny that it’s certainly not perishable.

I think i’m still going through a half kilogram jar that must be 8 years old.

toast, melted butter, thin vegemite scraped all the way to the edges… mmmm!

Get a Tatung rice cooker. You can do everything in it. Boil water, steam veggies and eggs, rice, noodles. Prepare/heat up huo guo. Open a can of tuna and rice and tomatoes. You’re good to go.

Get bread and tuna. Some mayo/ketchup/condiments. Soda or tea, what you prefer.

The important thing is that you do not have to go outside while the wind is going strong. One thing: there might be a calm in the storm. it’s a trap! Beware, it’s not over till it’s over.

Ps.
Go to the German bakery Oma Ursel. They have non-,bread bread, the low GI, gluten free, etc. Also prepared meals you can heat up.

If I were you, I’d just get a bunch of hot pot ingredients and broth. Frozen from organic stores. PX Mart has non frozen bags of broth for hot pot like with kimchi, Japanese style, soy sauce… Heat the stuff up in your stove and you’ll be satisfied and warm.

6 Likes

I am on vacation, I don’t want no typhoon day …

You can take the man out of Australia. But you cannot take Australia out of the man. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

you can pick up one of these style, they have a safety valve built in.
you can disconnect the gas when not in use.

pick them up in carrefour.

1 Like

7-11

What is natural gas? I have not seen any place in Taiwan where they either don’t have gas piped in or delivered in bottles (tanks)

Do camping stoves/gas explode?

Typhoon parties at Carnegies?

I remember a big typhoon, August 2012, in On tap, happy hour, 8 pm, govt announcement typhoon holiday, happy happy hour. Great memories!

4 Likes

Cheers to hoping it happens this week haha

I got a lot of gas, a tank of acetylene and a nearly full tank of oxygen. The oxygen would be great for any breathing difficulties but also for making flames hotter for welding and cutting. I wonder if anyone tried to grill meat with oxy acetylene torch…

Yes, on that note, just dont work so.many hours outdoors. Thats the easiest. Perhaps you were confusing our experience with clogging pores and preventing gas exchange with the nose. Obviously just not beingbout in the sun is the best. But thosebof us that have to be, eg. All road construction crews, best find a better long term sollution while in the sun. Sunscreen blocks uv, but also causes more internal heat build up which is really bad. This is real. Thats what i am talking about above.

You can even cook decent food on those camp stoves :wink: veggies, meat, mushrooms etc all cook the same regardless of the source of the fire. we cook pretty decent curries , flat breads, rice, noodles, steak, soups etc on these stoves fairly regularly. Those little stoves are great in a pinch!

2 Likes

DV8 for the real old timers

1 Like

Still on track to provide us with an interesting end to the week.

Windy.com has the typhoon doing a funky little jig up and down the east coast before heading straight across (and being broken up by) the top third of the island. I think. I don’t understand those maps very well.

Would that be bad?

1 Like

3 Likes