Typhoons 2021

I predict it’s just going to spin round, baby
right 'round like a record, baby.

1 Like

We need the water!

Be careful what you wish for…

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s a little too much.

We do not need to much water, most lakes are full.

1 Like

Yea sometimes MRT stations and tunnels become secondary reservoirs…

But, in general, we always need the water from typhoons. I personally feel fine in hoping they come, though they do bring misfortune to some, sadly. If typhoons never came we would have big problems.

2 Likes

I do. But the day only has 24 hours and i need at least 4h sleep. Sometimes that isnt doable, But i try for 7 and accept a few.

The other issue is loud machinery, deliveries etc all have limitations on hours of operation we must follow. Its not like everyone can make their own rules unfortunately. Scks in summer, it is pleasantly hard work in winter. i have accepted this fact and am always willing to hear suggestions. What is not possible is not working and getting things doe. This is similar for many jobs. I am on this website mostly when waiting on people arriving, stuck in traffic or taking a dump. Haha.

1 Like

You’re never happy. Aren’t you? :wink:

jokes.

1 Like

We need more lakes and reservoirs for storage…thats the issue. Century plus of digging ditches and channels have left us high and dry, poor planning. Considering the volume of rain that sometimes falls here, taiwan has relatively little damage. Agriculture and roadways being the hardest hit. People out taking pics by the ocean spray or riding scooters under thousands or rattling signs and high voltage wires are kind of asking for it if we are being honest…used to eb we would prepare a few weeks supplies and.ride out the typhoons at home. People are dumber now it seems, and that certainly causes fatalities. I feel worse for emergency crews that risk their lives to rescue idiots day in and day out.

So it looks like it’s going to just sit there at the same spot for most of the day today. I guess In-Fa will slowly start moving after noon, then pick up speed starting tomorrow. This is a weird one.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Looks quite innocuous but it may dump a lotta rain just standing there.

Or pull a Nari!!! :runaway:

2 Likes

Nah. This is not the problem at all.

1 Like

And the problem remains with or without typhoon. They’re the worst drivers and I wish Taiwan had better enforcement to catch and prosecute the scofflaws so bad that they’d not even dream of breaking another rule however minuscule it is. They’re a danger for cars, danger for cyclists, danger for pedestrians. Every time I see a scooter driving on the sidewalk, I wish there was Singapore like caning to teach them on the spot.

Anyways it’s up to adults to make a decision about their job. If they don’t feel a typhoon is dangerous and still want to go out and drive, it’s their choice.

Rain typhoon, :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:!

1 Like

I like how all the maps are completely different predictions. :sob:

2 Likes

Maybe Taipei should be ordering Lifejackets for passengers to wear when using the MRT. Seems like Zhengzhou in China will be needing them in future. That video of passengers standing waist deep in water inside the train is astonishing - and the lights were still on too.

I read a report how it got to neck hight and the oxygen was running out too,
it also took a few hours for them to get rescued.

Edit: added link

It’s drunk.

6 Likes

Nightmare. This reminds me of the ship that sank off the coast of South Korea with all the school kids; - they kept being told to stay where they are even as water was pouring in. A lot of them perished waiting inside. After seeing that on the news, if I was in that MRT in China my instinct would have been to scramble and gtfo ASAP. It’s mind boggling that everyone is just standing there quietly in deep water, in the dark, inside a tunnel.