Typhoons 2022

Yeah 25 years of Glorious Reclamation in XiangGang, Guangdong Province. And not following international agreements.

Guy

1 Like

Passing late Saturday night, should clear up during Sunday.

Unfortunately, while the winds may peak early Sunday, it seems that the majority of the rain will come later Sunday… and the three Windy models are converging on that.

oh well. 30 minutes of wet fireworks are still better than no fireworks.

Why write XiangGang? Don’t be weird.

1 Like

Well, at least it can hopefully put a serious case of crotch rot on Winnie the Cunt’s boiled shit-looking face.

I am not being “weird.” I am—following another forumosan—attempting to signal how the place we know as “Hong Kong” has become, through deliberate state action, something else.

If and when “Hong Kong” can once again become “Hong Kong,” it will be a cause to celebrate. But today—the 25th anniversary of the the handover to the PRC—is not that day.

Guy

1 Like

But it’s still Hong Kong. It hasn’t changed its name. Although I agree it might as well.

1 Like

WFT is going on? what happened to my perfect sunny day trip???

I mistakenly thought Goddess Matsu was protecting Taiwan from typhoons the last few years.

In reality there are

"three reasons why a typhoon warning has not been issued so far and no typhoon has impacted Taiwan directly from January to August for three consecutive years:

1. The La Nina phenomenon in the central Pacific Ocean
  2. Abnormally strong easterly anomaly from the Philippine Sea to the South China Sea
  3. Because of the obvious high-pressure anomaly over Taiwan, meaning even if a typhoon forms, it is difficult for typhoons to pass over Taiwan
2 Likes

If you can simultaneously hold both explanations (Matsu and science), you may be eligible for honorary Taiwan citizenship! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

You forgot one more reason.

So much Hot Air has been blown out of the PRC in the direction of Taiwan in the past couple of years that it has forced any incoming Typhoon from the Pacific to veer to the North or South - and head straight for the PRC. :grimacing:

7 Likes

well, that’s the high pressure thingie.

1 Like

It’s because @IbisWtf hasn’t posted.

1 Like

He gave his life that we may live.

1 Like

I think you may be mistaking him for the little-known @IbisOntheCross.

Guy

1 Like

Interesting development going on, Invest 98W, which has all markings of developing into a very strong typhoon in the next days.

Predictions are still all over the place, with a projected trajectory anything between the south of Taiwan, till a sharp bend north, long before it comes close to Taiwan.
This is probably one which better doesn’t come close.

1 Like

We need typhoons, and there hasn’t been any that hit Taiwan this year. Unless you want water restrictions… We have not had a day off due to typhoons for 3 years.

modelling on this one is still all over the place, switching completely across the map every 6 hours. Need to wait a while for any certainty. But it does have the potential to be a doozy. and remember, storms that form late in a year with few other storms tend to be powerful.

so get ready now! anyway, your balcony probably needs cleaning.

2 Likes

How you DARE to judge my balcony …
It’s spick and span out there, ready for the biggest of typhoons! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

If it develops in the way it looks like, we might pick up some rain without being actually hit … but as said, toooo early to say anything about where it goes.