Typhoons 2022

Time for a 2022 topic, I would say!

4 Likes

It’s all happening! :bat::eagle::octopus:

1 Like

Inviting @IbisWtf

5 Likes

I was about to make a joke about how it will probably suddenly turn north…but Windy is showing that it will probably turn north…

Both ECMWF and GFS are picking up some spinning in the southern areas for end next week.
Most likely nothing close to typhoon(s) yet, but it shows waters are getting warmer, and the season is near.

3 Likes

Maybe I can experience my first Taiwan typhoon.

From what I have read on this forum, there won’t be any more typhoons hitting Taiwan until @IbisWtf returns :grandpa:

7 Likes

So there’s something coming up? really?

Is he still alive?

1 Like

TBH, i don’t trust GFS more than 3-4 days out. It tends to panic and run around crying “Chicken Little was right!”

we need more ocean warmth yet, i think.

GFS is pretty good at picking up disturbances early, then predict hell and doom, then let them disappear soon after.
But there are those predicted by GFS who then are shown some days later by any of the other, and those are often more serious.
I don’t think any of these 2 I mentioned for next week will make it into anything severe, indeed the water is not warm enough at higher latitudes.
But again, that will change in the coming weeks.
They are lurking :yum:

My wife said that I cursed the Island when I came here five years ago with a typhoon repellent.
I’ll be leaving in July for an extended period, maybe y’all getting five years worth of typhoons soon.

3 Likes

Be patient, young grasshopper. They will come.

Guy

1 Like

Is it this fellow who @IbisWtf used to always use?

2 Likes

Yet. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Nothing too serious yet, but it started spinning indeed.
I can see the first one moving on a more north-easterly track, as a tropical depression or storm, filling up the southern reservoirs nicely.
The second one is of no concern for Taiwan.

2 Likes

Well I’ve got a flight coming up in a couple of weeks, and my flights have been historically linked to typhoons, so we’ll see!

3 Likes

Here it comes, delivered right at your door step, seems the oceans are warm enough already :yum:
Good thing though, probably no typhoon, but a tropical storm level.

1 Like

Yup, we got that! I just wish the weather could make up its mind though. When is it passing? Saturday or Sunday? messed up my whole weekend planning.

Plus likely to wash out a massive fireworks festival on Sunday night. Damn.

1 Like

Also there’s the one hitting Hong Kong today. I think that’s a beautiful omen. Really raining on Pooh Bear’s parade! Let’s hope he catches a cold and dies.

3 Likes