Typhoons 2022

If I see this guy, I’ll know!

Guy

2 Likes

Maybe it’s pulling a ‘Nari’ on us? Going north, collecting moisture and than turning back over Taiwan.

2 Likes

Noooooo! Not another Nari! @icon :grimacing:

Guy

2 Likes

Hey, @Belgian_Pie beat me to it!!! :rofl:

On a more serious note, we do need the rain. Most reservoirs have 25% of water. Fenshui is at 75%.

1 Like

Feitsui (翡翠)!

Guy

1 Like
2 Likes

Bless you.

1 Like

Nonsense, most are pretty full: 台灣水庫即時水情

4 Likes

I was quoting numbers they showed on tv. Center and south reservoirs.

Since they are sending water tanks to Keelung already, that’s something to worry about.

1 Like

Kinda miss those little expensive islands and the coral reefs there.

Are we going to get any action in Taiwan any time soon?

Most of the forecasts still let it make a sharp upturn north, only ICON (the prediction program, not our Forumosa @Icon) let it run straight into the East coast.
Probably some days with showers and rain, some periods of wind, but nothing significant.

2 Likes

Sounds like @Icon. Maybe she runs ICON after all.

1 Like

I literally don’t remember when the last real typhoon took place. I remember there were some letdowns time ago but don’t have any idea of when was the last time we were hit by one.

3 Likes

Maybe this one, September 26-27, 2016? (For Taipei, anyway.) Typhoon Megi.

3 Likes

I think the last real hit (crossing the island) was Typhoon Megi in 2016.
It hit pretty hard here up north, with lots of trees felled, and all river parks flooded. Took quite a bit of time before everything was accessible again.

3 Likes

Yes, Megi is the last time we had any significant hit as I remember. Six years ago! I have pictures dates July 24 with trees down on my street. One came down on a car in the exact spot my scooter would have been parked. Since then we’ve only had brushes iirc. Wiki has something called Nesat in 2017 but I don’t remember anything major after Megi.

1 Like

I remember one typhoon that totally destroyed our local park. It looked as if Godzilla had stepped on the trees. The willows never came back.

Soudelor in August 2015? That was the one that completely destroyed my local park.

2 Likes

That one meant no power for a lot of people (god I hate August in Taiwan, add no AC to that…) but I feel like Megi was worse. I seem to remember entire elementary campuses on Kinmen being inaccessible for weeks due to the fallen trees. And Kinmen usually dodges typhoons

1 Like

I don’t really understand what’s happening here, but it’s pretty.

(You may need to click through to see animation of potential tracks.)

3 Likes