UFC 246: McGregor vs Cowboy

Ok I was wrong, good job Connor. I thought Cowboy might take it into the later rounds and land a head kick, I was wrong :crossed_fingers:

cowboy was looking great a few fights ago. anyway nobody thought he was gonna win this one unless it was going to the ground. i don’t think masvidal is any bigger than cowboy or nate. he aint a big welterweight.

Masvidal is significantly bigger. Nate and Cowboy are biggish lightweights who occasionally fight at welter. Masvidal is a true welterweight who killed himself to get to lightweight

he really isn’t significantly bigger. i would say all of those guys are true 165ers. conor is a true 155er. he just said in the press conference he had to eat up to 170. i think he is ok with those guys. wouldn’t like to see him with a true welterweight like usman though.

That was Masvidal with Till. Masvidal looked bigger than Nate

But anyway, Usman would murder Conor. Mcgregor has proven people everyone wrong before. I think he beats anyone at 155 not named Khabib though

and in this one nate looks bigger.

those size ups don’t always tell the truth. masvidal is 180. i bet there wouldn’t be a noticeable difference in conor and masvidal side by side.

I mean its whatever, but on fight night Masvidal looked bigger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBNf_hHW4o

But there is no way Mcgregor beats Usman. Way too big

mate he looks bigger…when he stood closer to the camera.
nate is taller, masvidal is thicker. so they are around the same size.

yea i agree with that about usman. he is strictly bigger, has the power and reach to go along with it. and is going to be going for take downs all night long. i don’t think masvidal beats usman either.

Damn. Just finished watching the card. Give it to Cowboy for stepping in there too many times over the last 18 months.

1 Like

Masvidal had a great win against Till when he surprised everyone.

But his last two opponents (Askren and Diaz)in retrospect were more hype than anything and not really top 10 welterweights, so Masvidal has ended up with too much buzz. He is deserving of a title shot but I dont think he can deal with Usman’s size or wrestling. There isnt anyone in that division who can challenge Usman now.

Khabib vs Usman would be fun

Well, that settles nothing.

Connor handles Cowboy, who really is a gatekeeper or a “journeyman” in two weight classes.

Fine. Do a quick turnaround and let him face true WW competition. Maybe someone in the top ten, not a real popular journeyman can. I get that this was his comeback warmup fight, but damn, he wasn’t out injured. He was just out.

Wonderboy, Maia, the BMF, Edwards or Colby would be a true test. Or Just give him to Woodley. Jesus, you could match him up with Diego Ferreira who just sucked the life out of Showtime at LW. It’s not like there aren’t a lot of good fights for Connor at WW. Any one of these match ups is undeniably better than him fighting f8cking Cerrone.

…make me stay up all night for that squash…

Cowboy was a top level fighter say three years ago

Even then he choked in big fights though. This was a make Connor happy payday fight.

:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

Would love a Khabib sequel or, since we’re talking comebacks, GSP vs McGregor. That I would watch cuz god knows what could happen. If I were a betting man, despite his age I still may put my :dollar: on GSP though.