🇬🇧 UK - Good price for CNY flights to the UK?

So, I’ve never flown back to the UK during CNY, but this time I want to make use of the extended break we are getting and go back. Looking at flights now, I can get a decent return flight for $36,000 per person, but not sure if it’s that expensive because I’m looking too early, because it’s for CNY, or because of COVID.

Is it worth waiting for more routes to open back up and get a cheaper ticket, or is this generally how much flights cost for CNY, even if purchased early?

Oil prices have increased considerably compared to some months / years ago, so flights will definitely be more expensive now. Also, the GBP is much weaker now.

So that price could be the new “normal” - it could also fall again if oil gets under pressure.

I would say it’s to much, I don’t know your dates. fly out before? Coming back after? Should be under £700 direct or max14 hours.
Fuel has increased but most airlines have (hedge) bought in advance- for up to 1 year.

I’ve lost count of amount of times flying back and forth, and huge variety of cost each time, I use skyscanner as a guide, sometimes cheaper than using airline direct!
My most recent could have used Turkish airlines 18hrs baggage was only 15kg! Luckily got a direct to Taiwan EVA for £80 more. Baggage 30kg plus I have EVA account.

1 Like