🇬🇧 UK - London | Don't travel now/Nightclubs in London

They are all undercover.

1 Like

Ya, some police in that photo but more private security, some other area much more police. But still all nice people, better than USA police as far being friendly, police in USA seem not as talkative a bit more on edge.

I flew Air American into London, got message bags were delayed but bags arrived on time after clearing the boarder force.

Also nice room on the American 777 aeroplane, I flew KHH to LAX on Cathay Pacific and after few days then to England on American.

Los Angeles Airport lounge

3 Likes

Well I wouldn’t go there for the food!

Still some good food and tumric latte

4 Likes

Lol, that’s a very positive outlook.

The native British outlook would be “it took so long to get through passport control that our delayed baggage was there when we finally got through :rage:

5 Likes

haha. If anything not good, about UK arrival is more questions, like am I going to work in the UK, what kind of business and where. At LAX , only question was how long will I stay, me three nights, him oh three days (with a smile). I did not get a LAX stamp in my passport which I wanted.

Nice weather day in Liverpool !

2 Likes

Are you a British native?

I am, a particularly pessimistic one at that! I’m working on it :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Fair enough mate.

1 Like

Lots of nice places and food in England to be not so pessimistic, some cities in England have more blue sky days than Taipei )or at least Sun like here in Liverpool, or cafe in the library if you want be indoors

or cafe in the church

6 Likes

Back in Taiwan, Kao Airport was longer with all the checks. The customs has lots people with signs what you can not bring in walking around at baggage area. From Paris to HK flight seemed all full, from HK to KHH (Kao City) very few people. At HKG to Taiwan now document less boarding, they do face ID scan,

I friend arrived after her luggage, they went of different flights with the weather delays! She said its cold winter

1 Like

It’s really cold here, like minus ten thousand. And it’s £8 million for a coffee. And Russians stand on the street corners buying houses on a whim. And all the people are on strike. Like all of them. I’ve had an Estonian write this post for me. And Santa isn’t coming. And the govt is full of lizards. And I still don’t have a letter that my nan posted me in 1987. And you might have to wait an hour to get seen for free at the hospital if you pop in on a whim cos your toe hurts. And there’s no eggs in the shops, literally no eggs.

Don’t come to England, any of you. Go to another country and whinge about that instead.

8 Likes

You forgot to mention you’ll get stabbed at least twice a day walking the streets of London.

3 Likes

I get stabbed so often I forgot it’s even a thing! Thanks for the reminder.

7 Likes

A&E wait time is very long in England now though. Ambulance response is also ridiculously bad. Category 2 call response target is 18 minutes, but actual response time is 48 minutes. In Taiwan ambulance average response time is 6 minutes.

It’s jarring that NHS is stretched so thin with such a massive budget (160 billion GBP) when Taiwan’s NHI functions so much better on a fraction of the amount (800 billion TWD, so a bit more than 20 billion GBP).

1 Like

I’ve been whinging like fuck about Taipei, seems best I hold my tongue.
My son in U.K. moaning about price of beer in pubs, local one to him Hemel Hempstead on the Canal £7 pint of Estrella, he says still packed on weekends!!

3 Horse Shoes

1 Like

That clip doesn’t actually offer any “why”.

A family member had to wait for 30+ hours in A&E last week for a moderately serious but not life-threatening problem, for the simple reason that all the GP surgeries have been shut down. Hospitals are being flooded with patients who ought to be dealt with by primary-care physicians. Doctors really are just giving up and leaving in droves, because they’re sick of the bullshit.

I’m pretty sure this is deliberate, so that people just “accept it as normal”, as the video describes. Those billions are going somewhere, but they sure as hell aren’t being spent on patient care. Britain is turning into a Soviet-style kleptocracy, complete with pisspoor standards, empty shelves, and long queues.

2 Likes

You’d better get in the queue then mate.

2 Likes