UK motorcycle licence validity for IDP

I have a full UK motorcycle A licence and my International Driving Permit is stamped with A licence.

I went to the MVO to get the IDP validated and they marked the permit class as “A-普小”. I don’t know what 普小 means exactly but I was worried enough to try explaining that I have a full A licence. After a while someone came out and told me that it’s due to reciprocity i.e. the UK does not accept the Taiwanese motorcycle licence (fair). They also said I can drive a car but can’t even ride a scooter let alone a big motorbike!

Is this correct? Pretty sure it’s true for exchanging licences but I can’t find anything relating to IDPs. Perhaps everything I’ve read online about using an IDP is related to US IDPs? Am I just dumb for trying to get it validated?

Guess I’m going to have to take a scooter licence here and then wait a year to get a big bike.

That’s what I did, the. IDP is only valid for a year anyway then needs renewing. A year on a small bike can be invaluable, the drivers here can make a London cabby look like a poster child for the RAC.