Ukraine invaded by the Russians...again Dec-Feb 2022

A refugee is someone escaping danger or persecution. She didn’t specify what she was fleeing from, but she said she couldn’t stay.

You mean, the kind that thinks Europe has no strategic importance for the US?

1 Like

I know. I DON’T HAVE TIME TO VIEW IT.

No. It was pretty obvious that she meant the lack of opportunities. She says she is staying for money. Is that your best example of a refugee in Taiwan?

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

1 Like

I’m still concerned about private and public sector companies getting involved. Why wouldn’t China eventually end up just shutting down the Tesla plant? :thinking:

1 Like

She’s not a refugee. Period. Refugees usually go through a process of applying for asylum in whatever country they wish to flee to. Did she do that? No. You don’t know what a “refugee” is.

2 Likes

You’re talking about some legal definition, not the dictionary definition.

Weak

Why is the NAACP still called the NAACP when we don’t use “colored” anymore?

Are you being stubborn this morning, or are you just looking to stir some pots? :thinking:

Guy

6 Likes

I DON’T HAVE TIME TO WRITE IT OUT.

Yep. First investors for TSMC came from Europe and ASML has always been main supplier.
Christian missionaries build churces and hospitals around Taiwan, when country was poorer than Philippines (50 years ago)

You seem to have very narrow view of the world. Many Turks here are confused, being proud and all that noise, while can’t speak parent’s language. Can you speak and write Chinese? Or should I ask you can you speak Taiwanese? Not sure which question is political correct.

2 Likes

When I was in Heidelberg my taxi driver was a Turk. He said he didn’t like the way Germans treated him.

Addendum: He was born in Germany.

Not just masks. Equipment, machinery, PPE and support throughout the pandemic.

For free.

While the CCP turned around, and charged countries that helped it in the beginning of the pandemic.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing and entertain my quarantine time. I pay a clown for my kids, but you come free of charge

3 Likes

OO, I appreciate your enthusiasm on this board, but I think you have not really been following much about Taiwan and Europe lately. It’s more than the new ties with Lithuania. It’s the closer exchanges we’ve had with Czechia, Slovak Republic, lots of smaller states that have also dealt with authoritarian rule and have emerged (like us) on the other side. I can say Taiwan’s MOFA has worked their a&&ses off to develop these new connections, which are also helpful for trade. Your point that none of these countries is as big or influential as the US is narrowly correct but misses the broader trend here.

Guy

5 Likes

yeah, obviously someone hasn’t been keeping up

1 Like

You clearly do. You seem unwilling.

2 Likes

I’m trying to sleep and I have work in 2.5 hours. Fortunately, I don’t have to travel.