Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

wut :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

What about those who opposed both the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Ukraine?

FYI Mainly Democrats according to the votes in the House and the Senate in relation to both actions. And mainly by those on the left based on the protests in the US against the Iraq war.

1 Like

Yes. I really am getting tired of seeing the persistent false conflation of “being against a warrantless invasion” and “warmongering”.

For the hundredth time, we cannot forget who the aggressor is here. The line that

aiding an innocent victim is somehow being “pro-war”

is an attempt to defuse or at least mitigate any international coalescence of resistance against Putin’s greed.

5 Likes

Also, it’s not like the world hasn’t given appeasement a chance. We sat idly by when Putin flattened Chechnya. We sat idly by when Putin invaded Georgia. We sat idly by when Putin annex Crimea and started an eight year war in Donbas. Trump also pulled out of Syria and let Putin flatten rebel held cities. Did appeasement stop war from coming closer to us?

7 Likes

Did you do your own research on this topic? Finland can import energy from other countries or bring forward their wind power project from 2023 to this year. A big non starter and will hurt Russia more than Finland.

4 Likes

Would you support any investigators if their findings didn’t support your beliefs?

2 Likes

I’m not confused about the motivation of those who opposed both the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Ukraine because that describes me. Aside from the fact that invading another country is a blatant violation of international law it’s just plain evil.

1 Like

You’re seeing things that aren’t there.

I’m just now getting around to thinking about the category this thread is in.

I feel like Peter Cook’s coal miner (from around 1:17 to around 1:44):

I just hope we don’t rediscover something that’s more important than the war.

1 Like

You are replying to me, although as I stated the article was posted by @KHHville basically I temped an exchange that was not adding to the discussion but saved that link as it seemed relevant. I would have saved the original post by @KHHville except it had additional content that included the back and forth bickering.

I haven’t read the link myself. I thought the Express was an ok source, others have pointed out they reported on

Taiwan, formerly the island of Formosa, was the last stronghold of Mao Zedong’s triumphant Communist army

That’s some seriously bad reporting. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hopefully they meant “the last stronghold of resistance to Mao Zedong’s” etc.

In other words, they reversed the meaning.

It’s not great journalism, is it.

Guy

Kind of reminds me of this (from around 3:17 to around 3:52):

1 Like

I’m done playing nice, is this true?

@MikeN1 did you call Rand Paul a Russian apologist because he asked for some oversight where 40 billion dollars was going to be spent?

3 Likes

They should just publish all receipts online, in real time, using blockchain.

1 Like

I thought Finland was on Germany’s side in WW2?
I checked they were allied and fought with the Nazis until 1944 then changed sides

It could buy a lot of coke for Hunter Biden’s nose.

I would not be so sure about that.
Maybe Davos gopher Pelosi had a word in her ear last month.
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1520504304331034624?cxt=HHwWgMDUsfum9ZkqAAAA

2 Likes

John “war monger” Mc Cain is having an orgasm in the grave about these shipments.
I would be pretty sure Sarah Palin is all for flooding in arms to fight those darned Ruskies. :wink:

Yeah, I know she voted for it this time. I don’t know what the dynamic was there but I’d be interested to find out.