Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

Why do you keep doing this? You know this is not true. Brown must mean something else to you than it does to me. I teach kids from nearly all of these places. They ain’t brown.

1 Like

Depends on who is doing the bombing. NATO bombing Serbia - totally acceptable for the Davos Corporates.

1 Like

Those two in the first call are just sick in the minds. Also, why are Russians chopping up kittens?

Can’t figure out if this belongs here or in the Nina G thread. decisions decision decisions

1 Like

Do you really believe that most Americans regard people from the Middle East and Latin America as equals?

1 Like

Nope.

"As for the expansion of NATO, including through new members of the alliance which are Finland, Sweden — Russia has no problems with these states,” Putin said Monday at a summit of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, a military alliance composed of several post-Soviet states.

1 Like

So if any Nato country is attacked by any Non Nato country Finland must join in. I guess they are fine with that. :rofl:

Oh golly, a non-NATO country attacking Finland or any other NATO country? I wonder which one it might be…

A real stumper!

Yes, Finland realizes that one country in particular, one that they share a huge border with, could quite possibly invade them in the near future, seeing their recent penchant for shameless imperialism. Why not lock the door, so that Russia can’t just walk on in? :brain:

8 Likes

:rofl:
Im surprised anyone uses the words “Oh Golly” anymore. I thought that was only used by the British imperialist aristocracy.

I’m surprised you can’t see how ridiculous it is that RU is bitching and moaning about neighbor countries wanting to join a defensive military alliance after said countries have seen and are continuing to see RU invade neighbor Ukraine over maximum bullshit (at best) pretenses.

8 Likes

As the President of Finland memorably said about Russia: You did this. Look in the mirror.

Guy

8 Likes

Maybe they really thought they would succeed quickly and they would look so mean and scary that it wouldn’t happen?

5 Likes

I suppose Russia thought they would just get another Belarus.

It has not worked out that way.

Guy

That’s certainly what they wanted, and they decided to stamp their feet and wreck the place because they didn’t get it. Toddler mentality

2 Likes

Or Putin style, given how he levelled parts of Chechnya and Syria earlier in his career. This part is sadly, and brutally, consistently.

Guy

4 Likes

I feel Putin expected that the bribes he thought he had paid to military leaders in Ukraine would mean he could walk in and establish a new military backed government. Unfortunately for Putin he didn’t understand the reluctance of his advisors in starting this war. It’s like they tried to tell him but he couldn’t believe them. He may have also underestimated the willingness of NATO to respond the tactics, intelligence and military equipment.

His advisers knew the bribes had not made it to the right people or the people the bribes made it would double cross them.

In this situation Ukraine has come out has a beacon of democracy as well as a shining light in standing up to autocratic dictatorships.

Ukraine is also helping NATO practice how a modern war should be fought. China needs to see these facts and learn the lessons.

1 Like

Funniest thing I have read today.

Putin makes a monumental cock-up, probably because he arrogantly surrounded himself with yes men, and as his cock-up unravels he blames his generals like the scared spoilt child that he is.

He’s beyond embarrassing and I’m astonished anyone aside of elderly Russians who only listen to propaganda supports him. He’d be laughable if innocent Ukrainians weren’t getting raped, tortured, and murdered.

2 Likes

Well I admit I don’t find anything funny about this man. He’s really capable of harming people, without a shred of regret. Types like that are extremely dangerous, especially when they command a state apparatus.

Guy

1 Like

Very likely. Here is some interesting insight into how at least one Russian (ex military) expert was spot-on in his expectations for this war. But no one listened to him, and even today they try to shush him.

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1526321105916641281

1 Like