Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

If anything good comes out of this it will be the last time a stronger ,country attacks a weaker one because it wants regime change. That is if critics of the invasion of Ukraine really mean what they’re saying.

It’s why democracy, with all its flaws, is so important. We occasionally mistakenly elect a Putin type, but it’s only for four years or so. Checks and balances and all that

4 Likes

Your skirting my question.

1 Like

Why do I keep claiming that the West has a double standard in its reaction to bombing white Europeans and bombing non-white non-Europeans?

Because it does:

I’d put it down to geographical proximity and geopolitical reasons. But, you can simplify it to brown/white if you wish, even if that’s technically incorrect.

2 Likes

I don’t care what Al Jarzeera says. The point is do you think that brown people are not equal?

Anyway, complaining about double standards in international politics? I mean, come on.

1 Like

The Azov saints have finally surrendered at the Steel plant.
Claims they will be traded for Russian POWs. But Russia already has Ukrainian POWs. What makes the Azov Saints more important than the others?

1 Like

Presumably because that was the deal that was cut. That’s how deals work.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Funny Political Pictures 2022

Yup , Ukraine is losing badly now. A smart strategic move by Russia. Now it can free up forces for the next victory.

You’re wrong, but it matters not whether you kid yourself that Russia is winning. Putin is a moron who will either be removed or lead Russia to disaster.

2 Likes

An end of an era (1990-2022):

Guy

Lol.
I’m not the one believing video game footage about the Ghost of Kiev , or the wreck of a T90 that was clearly not a T90 and on and on. Anyway the Azov battalion are pretty much all dead, a good thing when Nazis die.

1 Like

Ask your students from the Middle East if they believe the West has a double standard when it comes to their lives versus the lives of white Europeans.

1 Like

How about I ask them if they’re brown?

3 Likes

I rarely wish death on anyone, but I won’t shed a tear if that Nazi Putin dies. It would be best for Ukraine, Russia, and the planet.

1 Like

I was born in the Deep South, in the town of Rayville, Louisiana.

Ask them if anyone has ever called them the “h” word.

“In the 21st century, American soldiers began using the term Haji as slang for Iraqis, Afghans, or Arab people in general. It is used in the way “gook” or “Charlie” was used by U.S military personnel during the Vietnam War.”

1 Like

There are a lot worse terms [cough, I imagine] that those.

1 Like