Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

I don’t notice them being abused verbally by other ethnic and cultural groups any more or less than any other group really. I think your take on young urban American high school culture is a tad antiquated. The kids I know and see daily aren’t the ones hung up on this racist stuff either, btw.

Not really. This is YOUR attempt to muddy the waters and create some sort of equivalence. Classic diversion tactic.

Even if it’s true, why does that matter? Let’s say there is a double-standard and the US/EU/UK is made because Ukraine is mostly white. What’s your overall point?

Does that then justify Putin invading Ukraine or all the war crimes that have been committed?

Smart people are capable of looking at every situation in isolation and weighing things up on an individual basis. It’s not “well, you believed X 20 years ago in Iraq so you must believe X in Ukraine now”.

And again, the number of Putin apologists and defenders of Russian action is really disturbing. You people really are sucked up in some sort of right-wing conspiracy bubble.

1 Like

I agree with what you said, but aside from the moral issue of trying to justify Putin’s invasion with whataboutism, there’s also a more trivial but also funny logical issue that all the example he gave are also populated mostly by white people (and in many cases actual Caucasians living in actual Caucasus), and often times also European (because Caucasus…) and also Christian (many are Orthodox just like Ukrainians).

Calling anyone who disagrees with you a Putin apologist is a classic diversionary tactic too
Lol
Hilarious

:rofl:

Yes it’s a classic Appeal to Hypocrisy fallacy.

1 Like

Putin is a war criminal who should be brought to justice for the evil he’s doing in Ukraine.

Another poster brought up Tony Blair and I pointed out what millions of Britons believe. He got away with murder in Iraq. I observed that that may have given Putin the wrong idea that he could get away with murder in Ukraine. No one with basic reading comprehension skills would conflate that observation with somehow justifying Putin’s war crimes.

1 Like

Belarusian President Lukashenka said that the Belarusian army should learn from the Ukrainians. I thought he said Russian would take over Ukraine by 3 days and that President Zelenskyy had already fled to the West?

3 Likes

Ukrainian Neptune anti-ship missile has struck Russian frigate Admiral Makarov. It is now burning and drifting on the Black Sea.

In fact, Forbes actually predicted that Admiral Makarov would be the next prime target for Ukrainian coastal defense.

6 Likes

Lessons learned for warfare

4 Likes

More from Khodaryonok

3 Likes

Ukrainian gamer again stating how using Chinese drones almost got him killed.

3 Likes

Bro … the Azov leadership and heroes are not gone, they are getting ready for the great advance.

:ukraine::pig_nose: Unique filming from the Azovstal bunker, on the video, the Nazis Kalina and Volyn along with their brothers, are resting before the decisive battle.

That’s a good one! Interesting that he had the courage to say that, and according to the article, he was saying things of a warning nature even before the “special operation” began.

3 Likes

But interestingly, he said he kept using them! Apparently he just came up with some kind of evasive procedure. Still, he said he preferred American drones, because they didn’t provide the location of the person who launched the drone.

5 Likes

Interesting:

Yep , keep some distance from the launch site and then never land back where you started.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find an English report on what Andrei Susdalzew, a Russian political scholar, predicted China would do if Russia lost this invasion.

He basically said China would rush to grab as much Russian territory as it can, which is the point of view I shared since the start of this invasion as well.

2 Likes

I guess when you’re that old, 1 million dead Iraqis on your hands is kind of funny.

3 Likes

Freudian slip.

He’s probably laughing because he got away with it. Blair similarly always looks pleased with himself. Complete absence of guilt from two strong Christians.

I and a significant amount of people would probably forgive him if he suddenly broke down the 4th wall, sobered up (metaphorically), and gave his mea culpa. Perhaps he does so in private to close family. We don’t know and will likely never know.