Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

The point of the Ukraine military going mujahideen would be to learn from history and do to the Russians what the mujahideen did to them in Afghanistan.

Last Russian troops leaving Afghanistan 1989.

2 Likes

Don’t know about that. Ukrainians aren’t prone to suicide bombing, virgins in heaven, yada yada. Western Ukies will never force the eastern Ukies to assimilate, because the latter just don’t want to. Anyway, more dead for MIC profits.

1 Like

Interesting article from The Ran Paul Institute. I remember when Ron Paul was running for President and the media collectively sent him to Coventry.

2 Likes

Elliot often interests me. I’m a Guardianista. However, why is this article of his interesting? What makes it particularly interesting to you? Otherwise what is there to discuss?

I think one thing thats mentioned in the article but not really discussed here is just how’s much the UK is fully onboard with pushing Putin out of Ukraine completely, that’s the message I get from multiple sources like the Home Secretary.

Even more than the US, even Biden is hinting at diplomatic solutions, while Boris it seems is scuttling attempts at diplomacy.

Pushing Putin out of Ukraine completely sounds good, but is it fantasy or grounded in reality. What would it take to do that?

Pushing Putin out of Ukraine completely sounds good, but is it fantasy or grounded in reality. What would it take to do that?

the same way Americans and Russians were pushed out of Afghanistan. Most likely will be the same way America was pushed out of Vietnam.

Much as I appreciate the analogy, comparing somewhere like Crimea to Vietnam is a bit of a mis match since the invaders in Vietnam were easy to spot and didn’t even speak the same language, you’re going to have a hard time shoring up that insurgent mentality in places like Crimea.

Presuming the Russian invaders continued to wear uniforms they would be as easy to spot as they are now. It’s the Ukrainian fighters who would become difficult to spot because they would take off their uniforms in an insurgent war and blend in. They would also have a tremendous advantage over insurgents in Viet Nam and Afghanistan in that they’d be supplied with the latest weaponry by the West.

If the Russians left the two regions it accepts as breakaway states, then what?
It returns to 2014 scenario and shelling from Ukraine on civilians and the militias defending the regions? Would the Asov saints roll in to police the areas (they failed to take then) like ISIS did in the middle east?
The same people that want to ethnically cleanse the area of those that don’t want to be governed by them.

1 Like

I hope the reports of the massive trap laid out for the Russians in Severodonetsk are half true…that’s nuts.

Here is some footage for those that support a NATO war until the last Ukrainian. Pretty sure they will like this.
Apparent footage of civilian areas in Donesk being bombed by Ukrainian forces. When Russians or Militias do it, there is frothing at the mouth:

A first hand account from the Russia propaganda machine

“I don’t regret it,” he said. “Regret is a strong word. What made me sad is that people are so gullible.”

6 Likes

Talking about what will happen if Ukraine pushes Russia out us redundant, because less WW3 starting with NATO going in, it’s not going to happen.

The whole purpose of the “Ukraine will take Moscow” narrative was to “bleed” Russia, and the reasons for this is because Russia gets in the way of the “special military operations” NATO countries do. That’s all this ongoing war is about.

Ukraine was ready to make a deal and was held back, now they aren’t even included in the negotiations.

People seriously need to wake up to the truth, not that the average person can do anything about it.

Who exactly is claiming “Ukraine will take Moscow”?

Guy

3 Likes

Presumably the same people who said that Ukraine denied they had any troop casualties.

Wake up, sheeple!

4 Likes

Interesting aspect for me in this case: not paid for or influenced by Russia at all, not even politically aligned. Run purely for getting advertisement money by making up stories that certain people want to hear.

4 Likes

Apparently fairly recent footage of fighting in Severodonetsk:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1533671268108623872

According to this Guardian article, some of what you’ve been discussing appears to be happening now:

‘The occupier should never feel safe’: rise in partisan attacks in Ukraine | Ukraine | The Guardian

2 Likes

Makes you wonder who’s promoting all this instability. The one and done oil only economy on the verge of population collapse, or the strongest economy in the history of the world.

1 Like

France has apparently transferred some self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine.

Russia testing new weapons:

1 Like