Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

I’ll raise you.

1 Like

Putin continues winning through genius. The destruction of tanks so far in Ukraine was a clever way to manufacture an excuse to get rid of these old tanks. Why pay for storage of old weapons when you can use them to soak up expensive modern weapons? And at the cheap cost of Russian soldiers, who are easy for him to replace!

Ancient Russian T-62 Tanks Spotted Wearing Cage Armor In Ukraine

2 Likes

Those Russians stole the idea from Taiwanese cage armored windows! How dare they!
Those are essential to keep the occupants inside when there is an unexpected fire.

6 Likes

This YouTube video, apparently originating from a Journal de 20 heures (20h) news program, seems to show the transferred French CAESAR 155mm self-propelled howitzers in combat operations in Donbas. The video contains images of corpses, and is therefore not suitable for viewing at work, or by children or other potentially vulnerable persons. :nsfw:

Additionally, Poland has transferred KRAB self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine.

The below appears to contain a listing of artillery-type weaponry which has been sent to Ukraine from various sources:

1 Like

Everything appears to be normal in Europe. Nothing to see. Move on.

1 Like

Russian criminals got their feelings hurt a bit, it seems.

From the Facebook page of Serhiy Haidai, Governor of Luhansk:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1533800802657124352

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/russias-may-auto-sales-down-835-year-year-says-aeb-2022-06-06/

Isn’t the Russian economy doing amazing :rofl:

More than 30k cars were sold in May in Taiwan and that’s a bad month. Russia has 140 million people. But, you know, sanctions are hurting the West more :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Either things have changed very rapidly or the situation is merely unclear:

NHK World-Japan News, Monday, June 6, 12:08 p.m. (UTC)

The Washington Post has two different articles by different authors, bearing something close to the same date and time, and which say roughly the same thing about the situation in Severodonetsk. Things are already confusing enough, so I’ll just use one of the articles.

Karoun Demirjian and Julian Duplain, “Ukraine’s position has ‘worsened’ in fight for Severodonetsk,” Washington Post, June 6, 2022 at 7:43 p.m. EDT (11:43 p.m. UTC), updated June 6, 2022 at 10:17 p.m. EDT (June 7, 2:17 a.m. UTC)

Can’t believe I only realized now that most old apartment buildings in Taiwan are missile proof.

4 Likes

Nobody is saying its normal, there’s a major war going on at borders of the EU and its effects are obvious to everybody. Inflation now is even worse than the 1970s.

Not sure what your point is are you denigrating them for preparing ahead?

What is your point exactly?
You could end up doing the same one day in Taiwan.

2 Likes

this guys channel seems to have good reporting with sources on the ground. He had an earlier video where he described what was going on in Severodonetsk as a bit of going back and forth but updates that with todays video, more ascribing the Ukrainian counter offensive as news intended to boost morale.

2 Likes

Since reading your post, I’ve been giving him a listen. But I feel obliged to note that it seems that Mr. Mercouris has on occasion in the past been–to borrow a euphemism from Rudyard Kipling–economical with the truth.

That having been noted, I’m no saint myself, and I’m not saying that his opinion about the current situation in the war is not correct. For all I know, things could very well turn out to be in harmony with his assessment of the matter.

Anyway, I’m gonna go back and listen to him some more. It’s good to hear more than one view.

2 Likes

Welcome back to IP, we missed yah. :beers:

I didn’t :grinning:

That’s what I’m talking about . . .

1 Like

He certainly has a lot to say about finance/economics and the food supply (from around 7:38 to around 15:26 on the video you posted–please don’t be surprised if there are errors–maybe even big ones–in my transcription):

The video wasn’t finished, and I’m not sure the Putin quote was finished, but as you can see, if those words really are Putin’s, then Putin really has something to say on a number of subjects. :slight_smile:

The Ukrainians have a long history of insurgent warfare. That history coincides with times when it wasn’t a country and it was always a losing battle ultimately.

1 Like

The difference is a pipeline of state of the art weaponry, intelligence, medicine, and food from the West.

2 Likes

Why not just have Kissinger back in the Cabinet if he’s going to be calling the shots.

:roll_eyes:

And this. How could they support Russia, and Putin? Are they Nazis?

https://archive.ph/pfUEs

European companies have almost doubled their shipments of Russian oil since the start of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, despite desperate efforts by EU leaders to squeeze the Kremlin war machine by blocking Russia’s exports from global markets.

Campaigners said EU-based shipping firms had made a “mockery” of plans to sanction Russia, and warned that a partial oil embargo announced this week would do little to hurt Mr Putin or shorten the war.

The damning assessment came as exclusive new analysis, seen by The Independent , showed the extent to which shipping firms based in Greece, Cyprus and Malta had ramped up their transport of Russian oil around the world in recent weeks, taking advantage of big jumps in rates for tanker cargos.

The shipments have swelled Mr Putin’s coffers by billions of dollars in oil revenue, providing vital funds for Russia’s brutal war, the figures show.

Defund this “war.”