Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - March 2022

Total bullshit.
Zelensky is on record as pushing for peace every single day. Even read the headlines today?

4 Likes

Thereā€™s certainly a difference when reporters go to where itā€™s really risky as opposed to reports from the relative safety of cities like Kiev and Lviv. There surely will be critics pointing to VICEā€™s tendency of milking those gruesome and heart breaking images to get everything out of the situation. Itā€™s a tricky balancing act. Are they showing reality or are they focusing too much on the extreme side of reality?

:thinking:

For me the vice reports really showed me what is going on . Nothing else compares. I get to see the regular people who stayed behind. Like the firemen the caregivers , the paramedics , the grannies and granddad, the guy working the mortuary , I really felt for that dude. And another paramedic who had been badly injured while doing his job, with his leg shot up and shrapnel in his lungs . Last thing he said was 'help our country ā€™ before going to hospital . Remarkable.
This is reality of the front lines . This is the reality of innocent people getting maimed and killed .

You can hear the shells going off nearby and see the massive damage in the cities.
Those reporters are putting themselves in huge danger though.

2 Likes

I believe Zelensky is now willing to concede neutrality, meaning no NATO for Ukraine. But it seems now Putin wants Ukraine divided into two separate regions. This shows what a huge lie Putinā€™s reason for attacking Ukraine was. Putin has a way out but he wants more. It seems he wants BOTH neutrality and division of the country. Iā€™m not sure what I would do if I was Zelensky. But at the very least, I donā€™t think Zelensky deserves any criticism. Save all that for Putin.

3 Likes

Putin also wants the demilitarization of Ukraine. Basically what he is saying is let me back out of Ukraine for now without losing face in Russia, and then when I come back next time, Iā€™m just going to waltz in and take the whole thing.

6 Likes

For some people itā€™s to surrender in Russiaā€™s terms or being responsible for a war and its deaths :crazy_face:

1 Like

MSM and the West are saying Putin is losing
This is based upon their view on the stupid unsuccessful U.S./NATO tactics of bomb the sheet out of everything, destroy the infrastructure, utilities, and water and then give $1 trillion to rebuild and try to walk away.
Putin has stated too many times to count that he regards Kyiv as the mother country
He is not trying to conquer Ukraine.
One strategist says the tactics are much more like Hannibal during the Battle of Vanner where he defeated a Roman army twice his size.
He lured the Romans into thinking they were winning and then encircled them.
Of course, the Ukrainians are killing Russian generals, but this is by snipers.

There are so many things wrong with your statements I donā€™t know where to begin.

However, like Iā€™ve said before, if claiming a region is the mother country gives you the right to invade it, then Germany is within its rights to declare Kƶnigsberg as the German mother country.

4 Likes

Not wrong from a military history perspective, nor what Putin has said about what he feels toward Ukraine.
Did the U.S. bomb the sheet out of Iraq and Afghanistan and then throw $1 trillion to ā€œrepairā€ it?
Nothing wrong with the statements at all.

Iā€™d be hella scared of these drones if I was a tank

1 Like

I hate to think what heā€™d get up to if they werenā€™t related:

Yeah, it looks more like heā€™s trying to render it uninhabitable:

6 Likes

Manning a tank must be unending terror these days.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s starting to look like a mobile coffin. A dangerous mobile coffin, but stillā€“

1 Like

China halting gas projects in Russia.

2 Likes

My dear old thing you need to calm down, no need to get personal about how much time I spend on this website.
But if you insistā€¦

Brianjones

• 2.0k days visited
  • 4mon read time

scommy

• 209 days visited
  • 2d read time

Projection (Psychological)

1. An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2. A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the [sorrowful] nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able [to clarify] the reality of the situation.

Thank you Brian for providing me a textbook example of projection. I may use it tonight with my adults English class for some vocab extension, I expect they will find it amusing.

1 Like

It seems I called it right .

Butthurt is strong with some people when you call it out for what it is.

Itā€™s always somebody elseā€™s fault with you guys.

Itā€™s never the actual people that are doing it.

Letā€™s look at your own statement and see who is delusional

Scommy -
Look for a false flag op based around chemical weapons. Thatā€™s gonna be the excuse to go in.

You believe that rubbish ? :no_mouth:
You know the Russians have been promoting that kind of propaganda since at least the Syrian war right?

And you amplify it for them for free.

1 Like

l wonder how much weather was or was not part of the decision to invade Ukraine at this time of the year. The thawing of the ground has to be a big reason for Russian tanks becoming sitting ducks and getting abandoned, also meaning tanks needing roads to move about, creating bottle necks and easy landmine placement locations for the defenders. They probably thought it would only take a week or so to achieve their goal. Thinking of the two seasonal windows for a Taiwan invasion this should be a good reason for Taiwan to fight back and hold out for the weather changing to disfavor the invaders.

3 Likes

It definitely was. Thatā€™s always been the governing fact of warfare in that part of the world. For Taiwan though, if an invader can establish a strong beachhead here the weather wonā€™t be such a factor.

2 Likes

If by bomb the sheet out you mean flattening an entire city like what Russia did to Gronzy, multiple Syrian cities and Mariupol, then no, the US hadnā€™t even came close to that in Iraq and Afghanistan.

2 Likes

Zelensky pointing in the right direction. Direct negotiation and compromise between Ukraine, Russia, and the US is the only way forward.

Like it or not the US is a key player in this and has to get on board. Keep up the sanctions and supply missiles to Ukraine in the meantime while leaving the door open for negotiation and abandon the regime change rhetoric (which is all it is, rhetoric that does nothing to help Ukraine).

1 Like