Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - March 2022

https://www.facebook.com/otueast/posts/684738889618521

Today, during the battle, Ukrainian soldiers organized a meeting with the devil of another party of Russian war criminals. According to preliminary information, the commander and chief of the headquarters of the 503th Motor Shooting Regiment of the 19th Motor Shooting Division of the 58th General Army among the “utilízovani”.

1 Like

EU and US sanction Russia try to exclude Russia from the banking system and freeze it’s assets, Russia responds by saying “pay for gas and petrol in Rubles”, EU claims that would be a breech of contract overlooking the fact they just excluded Russia from their banking system and froze their assets.

The EU aims to cut its dependency on Russian gas by two-thirds this year and end Russian fossil fuel imports by 2027.

Cool beans, you have until.

The Russian central bank, the government and Gazprom, which accounts for 40 per cent of European gas imports, should present their proposals for ruble gas payments to President Vladimir Putin by March 31.

Well, I’m sure 2027 to work things out seemed like a good plan, seems like they have until Thursday to figure things out.

I’m wondering what’s your point Mick ?
I think no countries have ever tried to switch their energy dependency so quickly.

The point was to post on developments related to the Ukraine invasion by Russia, this is one of them.

So …? The EU is moving away from Russian fossil fuel as quickly as possible. US and other countries are stepping in

OK, so you think it’s a non issue, feel free to ignore related posts. Although most major media outlets are covering the story, so the rest of the world would seem to disagree with that opinion.

Even you seem to know details of the story, which seems to indicate even you are following the details.

Well Russia has an option to refuse the foreign currency it desperately needs. What ya reckon will happen on March 31st?

Ya think they will refuse getting those 100s millions of Euro a day ?

Considering 2-3 more days before rubles are needed, the f/x exchange is showing rubles’ strength. Where is its forecasted death?

They froze them out of the Western banking system. Seized their dollars and Euros and excluded them from SWIFT payments.

Now they want them to accept payment in dollars and Euros? GTFOOH. That would be daft.

I suspect they will turn the taps off on Friday. Or they switch to Rubles or some other form of payment.

The Bank of Japan cannot seize Russian foreign reserves as the country’s current laws do not allow it to do so, according to Japanese Finance Minister Shunichi Suzuki.

Well, that’s certainly a snag.

I think I read Russia will accept gold as payment. Would need to check that, but would make sense.

Yes, of course it would. Its physical gold is stored in-country.
Naturally, if it forces payments in rubles, there ain’t enough rubles outside the country to cover the oil payments, and thus doing so would [artificially] support its currency, if not actually strengthen it a bit.

1 Like

You obviously don’t understand how much Russia needs that money .

I’m interested in the thought processes involved here.

Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armored vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the “Red Forest”, kicking up clouds of radioactive dust.

The regular soldiers one of the workers spoke to when they worked alongside them in the facility had not heard about the nuclear disaster

:saluting_face:

2 Likes

It was fake footage. It’s been completely debunked.

Others have pointed it out, no need for the deep long analysis.

The G7 countries (including the U.S.) announced today they were demanding that Russia accept payment for oil and gas in euros and dollars. This is happening at the same time NATO is demanding (via sanctions) that Russia be blocked from accepting payments in euros and dollars.

You seem to think Russia is so desperate for money they will go along with that? Alright, you are entitled to your opinion, I would say on it’s face it’s absurd.

1 Like

Gen “Z”

3 Likes

You seem happy to criticise the EU rather than Russia a lot. Not sure why. Why do you think Russia won’t take Euro when they desperately need Euro ?

The EU didn’t sanction fuel supply, yet . The reasons are blindingly obvious. When March 31st comes they will still be accepting Euro.

Not being critical of anyone, just pointing out the facts.

Why would they accept the Euro while the G7 is pushing sanctions demanding that Russia be blocked from accepting Euros?

The bigger picture as noted elsewhere.

The only way this conflict could make any sense is if the G7 energy ministers realize that forcing Russia to trade in non-euros and non-dollars will structurally undermine the G7 unilateral hold of global finance and energy policy. In essence, the G7 see the non-sanction countries, particularly India and China, lining up to replace the petro-dollar

and

Saudi Arabia is not returning phone calls from the Biden administration and the extended OPEC-plus are not following the sanctions regime of the western NATO alliance. Which makes sense because Opec+ includes Russia, and the geopolitical dynamic appears to have fractured around the energy sector, with the western alliance chasing renewable energy and the non-sanction countries staying on course with oil and gas.
link

If they are to be excluded from the Euro and dollar, it seems Russia is going to do trade in other currencies, India seems to be going along with that, China would be more than pleased to see a PetroYuan, as unlikely as all that sounds, it seems like discussions are being had.

1 Like

I think the aim should be to make life a bit difficult in Russia but not to make life impossible when many nations made life impossible for Germany after World War I we ended up with Hitler and World War II this should not happen again

You do not want to corner the animal that is putins Russia you want to give it a way out If you resort to cornering Putin Russia he may use nuclear weapons then we are all cooked

Chernoblelized

2 Likes