Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - March 2022

Very true unfortunately.

1 Like

I can’t see the UK fighting here.

Nah, there is a lot … A LOT … of damage been done to the Russians that the mainstream media isn’t even reporting.

This channel is pretty unbiased – shows Ukraine losses and Russian losses and the number of vehicles Russia is losing is astounding. Not just destroyed, but abandoned by the side of the road.

The UK supplied anti tank weapons seem to have come in handy.

Guy

1 Like

Depends on your sources, there are posts above that suggest Putin has already succeeded in his totally justified excursion to free the Ukrainian people and safeguard the world from NATO aggression.

1 Like

Business has a vote in foreign policy and geopolitical reality it seems.

Anyway,

Harley-Davidson, GM Halt Shipments to Russia (1:40 a.m.)

Harley-Davidson, Inc. and General Motors Co. say they’ll halt shipments to Russia, a sign economic sanctions against the country are having an impact.

Harley suspended its business in Russia, according to a statement from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based motorcycle manufacturer. Harley relied on Europe and the Middle East for 31% of sales last year. It doesn’t break out sales to Russia.

GM cited “a number of external factors, including supply chain issues and other matters beyond the company’s control.”

“Our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine at this time,” the automaker said Monday in an emailed statement. Earlier Monday, Boeing Co. closed its office in Kyiv, and “paused” operations at its Moscow training campus, a spokeswoman for the Chicago-based planemaker said in an email.

Yeah, I agree that the morale of the invaders can’t be very high. As I mentioned the other day, the temperatures are low, and that and the war itself is wearing. People are saying that some of these soldiers are young, inexperienced and/or drunk, and that they were lied about what they would be doing there (just military exercises) and how they would be received (a warm welcome from the liberated Ukrainians). I’m not sure how much truth there’s in that, but maybe some.

I really hope a miserable defeat for them, costly in terms of money and soldiers, and that this leads to all sort of pressure in Russian ending up in someone taking down Putin. But I guess that’s not the most likely scenario. Maybe still possible though.

3 Likes

Ukrainian soldiers have release many videos where captured Russian soldiers claim they weren’t told that they were going to invade, they were simply told this is another exercise and got into the vehicles only to found out after they’ve crossed the border.

2 Likes

It’s incredible how many idiots in are Europe writing comments on how evil NATO is and how this is USA’s fault and that there’s a lot of hate against Russia. All salt peppered with Afghanistan this Iraq that. Right. Even demonstrations against the war and NATO. It’s tiring and depressing.

4 Likes

As @TT would say, those are useful idiots.

Guy

2 Likes

How many of these are actually Russian trolls and bots?

1 Like

We have at least one MEP from Ireland who fits this exact description. He has also supported China against Taiwan previously. I think he’s taking money personally because nobody can be that stupid. MEPs like him get elected on the ‘anti everything platform’.

1 Like

IDK. The ones I’m paying attention to are regulars in some reddit-like site.

Ouch!

1 Like

I’ve seen this behaviour too. Basically same people who would support Russia now. I’m convinced this is out of hate towards the USA (I don’t like them either) and a knee jerk reaction acquired during the times it was the USSR vs the Evil Capitalism.

1 Like

Exactly. People forget the west lovers are a minority in Ukraine they became the majority only after the separation of Crimea and Donbas.

Like the CCP, Putin’s words are worthless. Putin can only be judged by his actions, and his actions. Putin can claim that he has no intentions to invade, or wants to return the entire region of Ukraine back into Russia, or that he wants to have peace talks, but his actions is saying different. Anyone familiar with how the CCP operates would recognize what Putin is trying to pull. The talks are just a ruse.

I still think Putin’s true intention is to split Ukraine along the Dnieper. No real meaningful talks would happen before Russian troops occupied most of the territory East of the Dnieper. The only way Putin truly loses is to prevent him from ever achieving that goal. If “peace” is reached by signing away those territories to Russia, it’s not a defeat for Putin.

1 Like

I think it is possible he is ready for talks, either because he only wanted the half country as you suggest, or possibly because it is going so poorly for him. Or both.

A nice chance to share tea with Mr Zalensky to enjoy the nice scenery of Belarus!

Guy

1 Like

DIY warfare. Awesome :+1: