Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - September to October 2022

In some competitive situations there are people who seem to favor an approach along those lines:

from Alfred Thayer Mahan, The Life of Nelson: The Embodiment of the Sea Power of Great Britain

1 Like

I would like to buy you a drink.

1 Like

As legit and convincing as these articles are, I don’t see how the west, in particular how the USA can back down from this conflict with Russia.

UK is also massively invested, tho bojo getting the boot makes defeat Vs Russia a bit easier to pass off as the misguided obsessive wrongdoings of a ex pm.

The USA has however simply invested far too much money and political capital in Ukraine. USA cannot afford to let the war end as a humiliating defeat at the hands of Russia.

Yeah, like the Phoney War, these are the Phoney Sanctions.
Das Vaterland wird eine scheisse Winter haben.

I believe in American English small-arms rounds can be described as “shells” so this might be a possibility .

I base this on childhood memory of Bonanza on TV, so it comes from a reliable source.

They also think petrol is a gas. They can’t help it. Its the way they were brought up, so they are to be pitied rather than condemned.

1 Like

It is over 60,000.
If one uses the ‘critical facilities in one’s brain’ one could imagine say just 120 howitzers firing 500 rounds each a day, or 240 firing 250 a day, across the whole of England (which is the size of the territory Russia and the breakaway forces control)!

Like a Ponzi scheme or Nigerian email scam.
Is he selling any chocolate kettle, glass hammers or striped paint too?

It’s true, the majority of member states have drastically reduced their reliance on Russia by now. But as one very irritated EU diplomat pointed out to me, sky-high energy prices mean EU countries still pay almost the same daily amount of money to Moscow, although they currently receive so much less.

“Putin has to be roaring with laughter at us,” he said.

Sanctions look to be working well.

It’s the Phoney Sanctions, like the Phoney War.
And people still want to trust politicians at their word. ha ha

1 Like

Some good articles on that site. Also this one below…predicting how the price cap on Russian oil is more likely to backfire. Have the West’s leaders once again implemented another botched strategy…??

and yet another prediction that was ignored…

1 Like

Former Zelensky adviser, staunch Ukrainian patriot, Geo Leros published documents alleging that the Zelensky administration, i.e. Yermak & his people, earn millions on every delivery of Western weapons:

Reminds me of a certain DRAM maker in Taiwan (who shall remain unnamed). The owner set up a trading company and all of the firm’s DRAM was sold to the trading company, which he fully owned, and then the trading company sold the DRAMs to the market. He got a so-called “vig” on each and every DRAM.

Doesn’t surprise me that someone’s getting a cut of the military hardware, and of course, we cannot talk about CBS expose saying maybe 30% of such hardware (or whatever the low #) even makes it to the battlefield.

I mean European countries have no choice but to immediately move away from Russian energy, otherwise they would literally be held hostage ,especially in Winter. Russia could turn their energy supply off at anytime.

This way is hard but not making a hard right turn now would be worse. It’s important to do this now otherwise companies and governments may half heartedly prepare.

No matter what its callled…sanctions…embargo…ban…price cap. Same kind of result in the end.

Thanking about it ,if this all blew up in early Winter things would have been very bad indeed.

1 Like

Agree, but as I noted months ago somewhere in this thread, it takes years, not months, for any kind of supply chain to be set up “anew” to steer away from Russia oil. Yes, it can be done, but likely in 5-7 years. A country cannot just switch oil like switching from one brand of bottled water to another brand of bottled. It’s impossible, and Germany’s minister (whoever it was) said it could be done by year-end. That’s flat out lying, and the populace will likely get pisst. Anyway, :2cents:

Shocker. :grinning:

No country should ever be that reliant upon another country for any major commodity or consumer product. That’s a no-brainer. Trump called it, but the Germany politicians hated him so much, they wouldn’t even consider it a possibility that Germany would get fugged.

1 Like

Yes, that has been the US position for years.

7 Likes

Yes and then they banned their own nuclear power plants as the climate crisis accelerates.
Poor choices.

1 Like