Unbanned! Amnesty for all banned members!

There’s always been a lot of discussion in the moderator forums on how to make this site as fair as possible, and we all actively seek to improve the site for our users. With this in mind, we revamped our rules, to make them as clear and as fair as possible.

As of today we are adopting a new enforcement policy which allows for us to suspend a poster for two weeks, or ban him/her permanently, or let them off the hook after a five day deliberation process.

The only think left is to invite back some members who we believe may still want to be a part of the community. Some of them are personal friends of mine (MaPoSquid, Toe Save), some of them were familiar to us through their regular presence on the forums (ac_dropout, Comrade Stalin), and some of them were complete strangers to all of us. This amnesty is for all of them. It’s about second chances, something I believe in strongly.

Make no mistake, the rules still apply, and I encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with them. I also hope that previously banned members take care to not repeat the posting behaviour that got them banned in the first place. The moderators will still continue to do the excellent work that they do, and I sincerely hope the community can welcome back our “lost sheep” with open arms. :laughing:

Spread the word, and let me know if anyone needs help with passwords, or anything else.

I want MaPoSquid back. I never read his posts but he sent me a nice pm once :flowers:

There were some real bastards that I hope never return.
There were good reasons why they were suspended in the first place.
Some of them are obviously back under different names.
I like the current rules. (Come back under a new name and behave)
However…I suppose that forgivness is divine or something like that and everyone needs a second chance.
Here’s to hoping they don’t screw up again. :beer:

What he said.

ac_dropout wins the prize for being the fastest returnee. :laughing:

So how long is the amnesty valid for?

It’s a standing offer. All previously banned members are welcome to return to the fold. Of course, if the shenanigans continue (love that word), then they might find themselves on the unfriendly end of a suspension or even another ban proposal… :sunglasses:

At least he had a good avatar.
He never bothered me because I generally stayed out of that political crap.

I always liked Ac drop out too, but then I always liked everybody so I guess that’s no suprise. Anywho welcome back AC. I dunno why you were banned in the first place.

Welcome back Gumper, in whatever handle you come back as! Welcome back AC_Dropout, even though you were probably here the whole time! (I never did figure out what your handle after that was – do tell!) Welcome back Hatch! :wink:

The others, I didn’t really know…

I feel sorry for all the mods who’ve wasted so much time and effort deliberating over bannings.

I will be an :angel: from now on.

:smiling_imp:

I think that as long as those transgressors who were banned show true signs of repentance, then the Forumosa gods show great wisdom in allowing them to return to the fold. Should they sin again, admin can surely banish them forevermore, indefinitely!
Ah, the prodigal sons/daughters of Forumosa!! Welcome back brethren…
:angel:
I’m gonna break into a hymn right now!!!

Monsignor Darren Hassan
Spiritual Counsellor to the Stars

MaPo, Comrade - > All Hail Your Victorius Return!

The Revolution Continues ! :bravo: :notworthy:

:smiling_imp: :astonished:  :smiling_imp:

I’d be shocked if MaPo come back. I’d be surprised if Comrade came back.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]I’d be shocked if MaPo come back. I’d be surprised if Comrade came back.[/quote]Shock and surpise are enough for a full day.
I don’t know if they will. But each contribute to a needed balance.
I sent MPS an email but did not recieve any answer. :idunno:

Not a bad idea, IMO. I think the moderating team is capable of keeping order without resorting to banning most of the time. I find they are usually pretty good at pruning threads and “temping” OT stuff before it gets out of hand.

Maoman didn’t mention the real reason for the amnesty.

Things have been a bit quiet and us moderators get a bit antsy if there’s no banning to do. It was like we’ve already banned all the bad ones. Only way to have some fun was to invite them back so that we can ban them all over again. :wink:

Brian

Gumper is back? I was just thinking of him for some reason. How bout mod lang? He was really nasty in a couple of his incarnations. And what about the guy with the fat spazy kid on drums avatar. Or was that mod lang? Anyway I liked that one. Oh, and where does a guy have to go to get a six pack around here?

Does this mean we will have more exploits from the likes of Leo/Hatch?