Understanding prepaid mobile cards

So, take for example this prepaid card for 60 GB over 60 days from Taiwan Mobile. What happens at the end of 60 days? Or, what happens if somehow I use up all 60 GB before the 60 days are up?

Basically, I’m trying to figure out - is this only for short-term use? Or is this something I can use for a regular phone plan?

When I had a prepaid card (years ago though) I’d get a reminder text, shortly before the expiration, to recharge (“top up”) the card. I imagine that’s still how it works (Taiwan Mobile - How to Top Up)

You can call 188 and ask. I have Taiwan Mobile and their English service has always been helpful.

1 Like

FET prepaid you can get off ibon at 711. 4g lte, 120gigs, 30 days. Once you burn through the 120, speed throttles to 5mbs until the 30 days are up. (this only affects big downloads, no difference streaming movies or using YouTube or Skype to home).

It’s my only internet for years.

Now there’s 5G available too.

oh, they send an sms 2x. once to tell you the 120gig is used, the second to warn you your 30 days is about up.

1 Like

I have to have home internet because cell reception is nonexistent in my home.

So what happens at the end of the 30 days? You buy another card? Do you keep the same number?

The sim/phone number is permanent. You have to go to FET w/2 pieces of ID.

30 days, get the receipt from ibon, pay for it. The 711 receipt has a 18? digit number on it. I call 777, input the number at the prompt, then get an sms telling me I’m good to go.

it takes less than a minute to do.

btw, there’s a lot of plans now. I just use the 120gig/month.

1 Like