Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club 2018 (Taipei/New Taipei)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club. Whether you’re just coming for a family trip, seeing relatives, staying for a year or two or in for the long haul, all are welcome!

I normally hold rides on weekend mornings that range from 50-100km with up to 1000m elevation. Below is the updated template for those of you who may be new.

If you plan on joining, please please inform me via PM or you can join the LINE group so you can receive updates if the routes changes or I cancel.

Below is the template I normally use for rides.

Hope to see you out there!

• Day:
  • Meet up/Departure time:
  • Weather Check:
  • Meet up location:
  • Intended Route:
  • Destination:
  • Approximate Distance:
  • Approximate total elevation gain:
  • Estimated total trip time from meet up:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

• Route is subject to change during the ride!
  • IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING, please leave a message here on the thread so I can have your contact information before we meet up.
  • Please wear a helmet. Those participating in our rides are highly suggested to wear a helmet for ones own safety.
  • Please bring tire repair tools, cash/EasyCard, Photo ID/health insurance cards, mobile phones, food, and any medication you may need.
  • Please make sure you are equipped with at least rear lights for the climate could change at high altitudes!
  • Please ride at a safe following distance from cars and other motor vehicles on the road. We share the road, we don’t own it.
  • Please follow proper riding etiquette and use hand signals for everyone’s safety
  • The “Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club” is not for profit and we are not sponsored by any entity or have any signed agreement or direct ties with this forum.
2 Likes

2018 first group ride :biking_man: :biking_woman:

• Day: Saturday, January 13, 2018
  • Meet up/Departure time: :clock830: : : 830AM
  • Weather Check: N/A
  • Meet up location: Dahu Park 7-11 (https://goo.gl/maps/CTFGwBPAnHp)
  • Route: Wuzhishan
  • Destination: Lavonna Coffee (https://goo.gl/maps/2azqcSPYypo)
  • Approximate Distance: 40-50km
  • Approximate total Elevation Gain: 600-700m
  • Estimated total trip time: 2-4 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

• Route is subject to change on the day of the ride!
  • IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING, please leave a message here on the thread so I can have your contact information before we meet up.
  • Please wear a helmet. You will be politely asked to leave and come back next time if you show up to the meet up not wearing one.
  • Please bring tire repair tools, cash/EasyCard, Photo ID/health insurance cards, mobile phones, food, and any medication you may need.
  • Please make sure you are equipped with at least rear lights for the climate could change at high altitudes!
  • Please ride at a safe following distance from cars and other motor vehicles on the road. We share the road, we don’t own it.
  • Please follow proper riding etiquette and use hand signals for everyone’s safety
  • The “Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club” is not for profit and we are not sponsored by any entity or have any signed agreement or direct ties with this forum.

Your helmet policy is confusing. :wink:

1 Like

I need to re-word that or change it.

Haven’t really thought about changing the policies for 2018.

Meet up location, time and the route have been updated. Please check and give me a PM if you are joining!

Hi. I’m new to Taipei and would like to find some friends to cycle with.

Coffee on a cold day, makes the pain go away.

• Day: Saturday, January 27, 2018
  • Meet up/Departure time: :clock8: : 800AM
  • Meet up location: National Palace Museum 7-11
  • Route: Zhi Shan Rd --> Feng Lin Bridge --> Feng Gui Zui --> Wu Zhi Shan
  • Destination: Wu Zhi Shan
  • Approximate Distance: 40-50km
  • Approximate total Elevation Gain: 600-700m
  • Estimated total trip time: 2-4 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

• Please wear a helmet. Safety first!

The (altered) Jinshan Classic

Check this route for reference: https://www.strava.com/routes/1043292

• Day: Saturday, February 24, 2018
  • Meet up/Departure time: :clock730: : : 730AM
  • Route: Zhi Shan Rd --> Leng Shui Keng (wait) --> Yang Jing Road --> My Warm Day Jinshan Shop (Zhongxiao First Road No. 73) --> Dan Jing Rd --> Feng Gui Zui
  • Destination: My Warm Day (Jinshan)
  • Approximate Distance: 80-90kmkm
  • Approximate total Elevation Gain: 1500-1600m
  • Estimated total trip time: 5-6 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

Hi! I joined forumosa because I was looking for bike ride organizers, and I found your posts. I am an international student at NCCU, and I’m not actually a cyclist. That said, I just wanted to be more active and maybe see more of Taipei at the same time. Can I join in on your events?

Hi @paulinejoyce

Of course you can join, all are welcome!

Make sure you get yourself added to the LINE group for more last minute rides.

Thank you for this!

1 Like

Cao Shan Event in Beitou. We will ride to coffee after the event is over.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

This is an official event?

An event that is being held by another org…that we’re riding along with.

A quick up and down for Saturday morning :sun_with_face:

• Day: Saturday, May 12, 2018
  • Meet up/Departure time: :clock700: 700AM
  • Route: 7-11 --> Zhi Shan Road --> Ping Jing Road --> Leng Shui Keng (https://www.strava.com/segments/7482569)
  • Destination: Leng Shui Keng
  • Approximate Distance: 15-30km
  • Approximate total Elevation Gain: 800-850m
  • Estimated total trip time: 2-2.5 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

Hi, are these rides still happening? Looking for some group rides to join at the weekends.

Also curious about this.