Unread-post Count

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

When l open a topic for the first time and then go back to the overview page, the number of unread posts of that topic will be shown. Is there a good reason for that? l find it annoying. Makes me go back to that topic and scroll all the way down to make that post count disappear.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me at all. OCD? :slightly_smiling_face:

I find it helpful, lets me know when a topic I have been reading has new post or if something has happened and the. numbers explode.

2 Likes

I think it’s a bug, but it doesn’t stick around - you don’t need to go back in and “read” all the posts, just visit a different thread and that buggy count will disappear.

Or maybe it’s a feature letting you know that you didn’t finish that thread. :man_shrugging: The important thing is that you can disregard it and it goes away by itself very quickly.

2 Likes

Too many little numbers on my screens. Some pesky ones for Wordpress plugins for example.

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Nice, ask a question, and you’ll learn something.

:champagne:

1 Like

You can adjust this on your Preferences/Forums page. Don’t set forums to Watching or Tracking and you won’t see that.

2 Likes

Nah, that’s not it. I mean the number that shows up when you visit a topic in a forum you are not watching or tracking and then go back to the homepage.

But like @Ender says, the number goes away when you switch to another topic. So all cool.

For me it’s like someone telling me: “Hey you haven’t finished what’s on your plate, buddy!” “You DON’T LEAVE THE TABLE UNTIL YOU FINISHED WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE!!!” [crank up the volume and insert the voice of my father…] I am damaged, what can you do… :laughing:

1 Like

These numbers in the blue circles? What I said should work in that case.

1 Like

Yes. Those numbers. But they appear for all topics, watched/tracked or not. For example I am not watching Greater Formosa, I open the thread and look at the first post, then click on the site logo to go back to the homepage, and the number shows up.

2 Likes

I guess the idea is to let you know that you just left that thread and you haven’t finished reading all the posts in there?

I have the same thing. Returning to the forums often has topics that say unread that I’ve posted in and the unread part is my own post.

3 Likes

Discobot wants you to double-check before posting? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hmm, you’re not watching that topic either, so I’m not sure what’s happening. I’ll look into it. I think it must be a bug.

1 Like