Unread posts

Until yesterday, whenever I clicked in a topic, I would automatically be taken to the first unread post of the topic. Now, I’m taken to the last post.
Was there any change made by you guys?
Or have I inadvertently changed something in the settings?

Note: I’m reading the forum in a mobile device.

I’m often taken to the FIRST post and give up reading because I dont want to scroll through 500 messages I’ve already read.

1 Like

So it seems it is not a feature, but more like a lucky bug?

There is a sidebar pull-down to take you to the latest post in a large thread, but it it’s clunky and non-responsive sometimes.

Bit like my wife…

1 Like

If often slides back to the top, using it is like a Russian roulette where if you lose you feel the slow embrace of autism approaching you.

1 Like

It’s buggy, but I haven’t noticed it being buggier than usual lately.

Can’t you just click the little blue Unread Posts circle?
That always takes me to the first of the unread posts

2 Likes

Seems to be working ok here

That works greatly!

I used to have the same result when just clicking on the topic’s title of in the icon of the last poster. That is still bugged, but your suggestion is a good workaround!

Thanks! :bowing:

Maybe you know this, but you can also click (or right click to open a new tab) the entry in the Activity column (7m or whatever) and it goes to the most recent post.
Sorry if that was obvious

I didn’t know that. But it seems it’s an option available only for desktop users.
I can’t see anything related to Activity here…

Screenshot_20180330-115236_1

This is the view in mobile.
Clicking on the updated time works add a way to go to the last post.
Interesting to know, but I probably won’t use it much. Clicking on the thread name also had the same function for me now (although it wasn’t like this before…)