Urbanpeople.net - what do you think of it?

What do you make of urbanpeople.net?

• Looking good, the more the merrier
  • Promising, but I got better things to read
  • Not another one! I’m sticking to taipeilife, I mean, taiwanho, err, I mean this website

0 voters

Picked up a slip of paper at Cain’s about a new Taipei website: urbanpeople.net

What do you think of it? Do we really need another of these?

I think it looks good, btw

“Another”?

I clicked on the “English” button, and the date and time showed up in English. Yow, such technology! Unfortunately, everything else remains in Chinese.

Must be something at your end, 'cause it works fine in English for me.

strange, I had set up a poll and mentioned at least two other Taiwan websites there, namely taiwanho.com and taipeilife.net

you can add to this list tealit.com, oriented.com, taiwanfun.com, eastcathay.com (dead?), eslisland.com (buried?)

i edited my first post and put the poll back in. now I see double of everything :frowning:

I don’t see how you could group UP with TaiwanHo, Oriented, Tealit, or even Forumosa. Entirely different thing. UP is there, I gather, solely to be like an events calendar, and a guide to Taiwan (Taipei?) nightlife. Those others are different - Oriented is professional ex-pat community (AFAIK), Tealit is a (worthless) resource for prospective English teachers, Forumosa is an ex-part community which happens to organize/inform about some stuff that goes on nightlife-wise, and I don’t know squat about TaiwanHo. They each serve their own distinct purpose, and from what I’ve seen of it, strictly for nightlife info, UP looks like a bloody good resource.

I went back to have another look at the site and kept getting an error message:

[quote]Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/.halakah/urbanp/urbanpeople.net/Connections/test.php on line 9
Lost connection to MySQL server during query[/quote]