US and Taiwan healthcare systems and taxation

Posted again

It is calculated by the same rate. Not progressive like US tax. And, for people who earn more than a certain amount, it is regressive.

that is the way tax is collected in many countries, isn’t it?

Does that make it right?

if there is a better way, countries maybe have used it.

That’s not an answer to the question.

You might want to look at that again.

https://www.nhi.gov.tw/Content_List.aspx?n=5581FA007B6177B7&topn=5FE8C9FEAE863B46&upn=BD91948631E3736A

Ah okay. In that case, for your future reference, it would be more appropriate to use the pronoun “I” there. As, “forcing me to pay for something I don’t want” rather than “forcing people to pay for something they don’t want”. You can find a full list of English pronouns and when to use them here.

No, not 100% - that would be unrealistic. I’d suspect a majority would want it, but I’d need to see the data. But some people are selfish, as you’re adequately demonstrating.

That’s fine for me - sounds like a good system to ensure that everyone has access to decent healthcare. :blush:

As you’ve already pointed out, it doesn’t matter one bit what you think, fortunately.

It’s still not my point, as you well know. But now that we’ve got the pronoun issue sorted, we should be able to avoid this kind of confusion in the future.

3 Likes

I think we are forced to pay tax is right.

I don’t think society would work well without government.

2 Likes

Resorting to personal attacks? Tut, tut.

Being forced to do anything is not right.

Do you think it’s working well with government? Here’s some data to consider.

LOL, that proves my point, not yours.

what is your point?
It is flat rate of 4.69%.

jail should not exist?

I don’t think we would be living in a better world without government.

Sigh…you can lead a horse to water…So does everyone pay a flat rate of 4.69% from their pocket, regardless of their occupation and salary level?

Of course you don’t, you’ve been conditioned your whole life to believe that the government of your country knows best and society would fall apart if it didn’t exist.

I’m not talking on my country. The whole world.
Do you think we can live in utopia?

Even worse!

people create government. How can you do better than government?

Is it selfish to want it to be a voluntary payment? If someone says “I don’t need NHI, I will pay for all my own medical expenses”. How is that selfish?

Are you equating selfishness with not wanting to pay other people’s expenses?

I’ve got a few bills here, will you pay them? … Don’t be selfish.

1 Like

don’t want to pay tax to maintain society’s functions is selfish, and most people are selfish, so tax are forced.

1 Like

Expecting other people to pay for your medical bill is selfish. Forcing them to pay is theft.

1 Like

You can call them whatever, but that is how tax and government work.

1 Like